Food for Thought

GM dying would not kill America in and by itself. However it is an indacator of what is wrong.

Within 5-10 years many of our autos will be imported from China.

Auto sales and useage in China if doubling often. And their tech on reverse engineering cars is improving.

It started with friviolous stuff and toys, hand tools, etc. Moved to electronics and the next big exports of China will be vehicles and machinery.

A nation whose economy is based mostly on consumer spending cannot long last.

We have lost control of our economy, large multinational finiancial and manufacturing corporations now control our economy and in a world economy where our standard of living is far higher than that of most nations our standard of living will continue to decline. It is inevitable. I predicted this in the 90's. And if the origional politics.com was around I would have proof in the archives.

Me too friend...I have been saying the same thing for at minimum 20 years.
The financial services industry owns our ass lock, stock and barrel.
We no longer live in a democratic republic. We live in a plutocratic society like America was in the late 1800's. And Obama fits in like a glove in plutocratic principles...like a glove.
And I am not sure Romney fits any less better.

Yes we live in a plutocracy and the final nails in the coffin of our democracy were driven by Roberts, Alito, Thomas, Kennedy and Scalia in Citizens United v. FEC (558 U.S. 50 (2010)).

My position has always been government is good for the economy? I suppose that's true, without government we would be without laws, courts, rules, regulations.

The context was in the article, if, as you claim your read it, maybe you are stupid or willfully ignorant.

Like I said, you aren't my professor, you don't get to give me assignments. I read the article, and asked you what it is we are supposed to discuss. You chose to discuss your assumptions, bless your heart.

No, I am not your professor and I didn't give you an assignment. You freely chose to interject yourself into this thread and make it about you. Hence my comment on your ego.

The more posts I read from self identified libertarians/independents the more sociopathic** they seem. I won't bother to detail the evidence which leads me to such a conclusion but I will simply point it out as it happens.

**Sociopathic: a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

I made this about me? I asked questions to find out what your point is, and instead of responding you jumped all over me because you don't like one of the possible alternatives I provided. Strange that you have not yet made a point, just whinged.

I made this about me? I asked questions to find out what your point is, and instead of responding you jumped all over me because you don't like one of the possible alternatives I provided. Strange that you have not yet made a point, just whinged.
And he wonders why guys like me don't give his sociopathic brain droppings the time of day. :lol:

For those who think: The Cutting Edge News
Discuss.
...we discussing corporate welfare... ...ignoring bankruptcy laws to reward the friends of powerful politicians...
Seems like we need more thinking to go with all this discussing, and it's time to say what we mean by this so-called 'corporate welfare' story.

We can't seriously mean helping GM's owners if we remember that when the stock price hit zero they lost everything. Also we're not talking protecting management because the CEO got fired. Investment bankers got shuffled out too. Everything was set up by left wing unions for the benefit of left wing unions. Taxpayers like me got stuck for $50 billion and Obama is trying to tell us that GM now being a billion-dollar company today is supposed to be a good thing.
...we discussing the piss poor management at GM...
Hey guy, any management team's done a great job if they create a company lasting a century and becomes the worlds largest. Let's take a deep breath here and accept the fact that nothing lasts forever and while GM had a great run we can now move on to more important matters.

Like, getting my $50 billion back from Obama's union thugs.

And he wonders why guys like me don't give his sociopathic brain droppings the time of day. :lol:

Yet you comment on my posts regularly, always with an idiotgram (that is a post without any substance).

I don't know if condemning Romney for saying bankruptcy would have been better makes sense.
It was a different approach.Do we know if it would have worked? How can we say it would not have.He wasn't in position to make that call.To say it would have destroyed the country is someones opinion.

Oh yeah...GM is up to its eyeballs in debt to the taxpayer, has been pretty much forced to make cars that extremely few people want, making the repayment of that debt even more difficult, and being touted by lolberals as a "great success story" of bailout nation!

Like you ever think! :lol:

What or who made you the asshole you have become?

I have no expectation you would avail yourself to anything I might post; so save the usual obnoxious and arrogant responses for someone who cares.

For others, those who are not ignorant by choice assholes, the article offers a microcosm of insight into the genesis of our economic woes. Right wing fools Blame the government in general and Obama in particular - non fringe Republicans and non fringe Democrats seek to understand who, what, how, why and when. This article helps in understanding the economic mess from beginning until today.

if liberalism didn't cause this depression exactly what did??

Oh yeah...GM is up to its eyeballs in debt to the taxpayer, has been pretty much forced to make cars that extremely few people want, making the repayment of that debt even more difficult, and being touted by lolberals as a "great success story" of bailout nation!

I have no expectation you would avail yourself to anything I might post; so save the usual obnoxious and arrogant responses for someone who cares.

For others, those who are not ignorant by choice assholes, the article offers a microcosm of insight into the genesis of our economic woes. Right wing fools Blame the government in general and Obama in particular - non fringe Republicans and non fringe Democrats seek to understand who, what, how, why and when. This article helps in understanding the economic mess from beginning until today.

If you have not figured that out by now there is now way you ever will.

Greed. The selfish disregard for others. Doubt that, read Ayn Rand.

Last edited:

Yep perhaps the best answer.

How many homeowners complained when their home "value" doubled or more within a few years?

How many finiancial institutions complained about hw much money they were making?

How many people that got NINJA loans compalined at the time?

How may hedge fund managers complained when their income taxes were cut?

etc.

But why do you say greed rather than liberalism?? Was the Federal Reserve greedy, was Fan/Fred greedy? Would liberals be considered greedy for wanting to get people into homes the Republican free market said they could not afford??

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??

New Topics

Forum List

Back