Food for thought from a wallstreet dude

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
that frequents this hip-hop site I sometimes read.

His quote:

the fact about my industry is nobody cares about you...

you think the govt runs shit? they dont run shit.. the banking system does..

the financial system is the end all be all.. we are God.. we are who you pray to at night... most people cant balance a fucking checkbook.. we own you.. don't think so? Really? we got bailed out... all of us.. they made one example out of a shitty firm that lost its values 50 years ago and let them fail.. everyone else got your tax money, for free.. what did you get? NOTHING... (thanks, kept my job cuz of it)

retail wise? if you have less then a substantial amount of money in your account, your a fucking headache.. all they will do is find new ways to make more money off of you.. fee's, selling you debt.. etc. they will find any unqualified moron with at least a GED or high school diploma to be a pillar in a branch and tell you whatever you want to hear.. FACT: you are more costly to maintain then to have.. if it was up to the banks, you would not even be allowed to open an account.. you cost the bank more money then its worth.. banks are not credit unions.. they are not for the people.. go into your local branch of any major bank and have an issue with them, they will play hardball with you.. and you will lose.. the best case scenario for a bank such as Chase or Bank of America or Citi is that you open an online account with no in center privileges.. this way you cost them less and they can reduce the workforce..

Investment / Institutional? the worst.. why? cuz we trade billions of dollars a day.. most of us get on the train and go to work and get off stops that have bums and homeless people right outside of them.. and we trade paper money like its a fucking baseball card and we are 7 years old.. I personally have created "baskets" and put them into the market that exceed about a billion dollars in the past 3 years on behalf of my firm..

Don't make 100k a year? they wouldnt even speak to you.. until now.. now they'll speak to anyone to make quota.. you are an investment.. they'll take on the guy who makes no money as a client with hopes he will someday be the next facebook guy and they locked him in.. if he doesnt? they will pass your account to a junior broker and let them churn and burn it (I also used to do that, and make sick money doing that, at your mom and dads expense)

it used to be required to pitch a client to have D&B card worthy status, 100k a year, 200 liquid, million in assets.. Now Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and any other major investment firm will talk to pedro the hot dog maker.. desperate times, desperate measures

keep dancing puppets...

The fact about my industry is... - RapMusic.com

it made me giggle a lil

yea, I just shrugged at it b/c I think it's kind of known by now.

"im groing tired of these high class restaurants" - anthony bourdain

This is old news. America is run by wall street. Aint it great? As long as we stay quiet and patriotic they have it made. Old old news. This is an easy one.

Trying to change wall street won't work, and trying to change washington won't work either. We have to start talking to our neightbors, we have to start talking to the guy working in WalMart, Mufflerman, Subway, and any other establishment who employs the working poor. If our representatives won't include these people we must include them, and get them involved in changing their status. This is the real grass roots movement we need.

douger your schtick is tired as fuck dude.

spectrum i agree

Forum List

Back