Food crisis in 2010 in U.S.?

The only recent food crisis we have suffered was when the enlightened decided to save us from the Oil Cartel and started turning our food into gasoline. Gas efficiency drops, prices of everything from tortillas to Mountain Dew increase, the splash and dash laws allow the US to subsidize the price of gas sold in Europe and the Lagislators from the Corm Belt States get rich on the contributions from the Ethanol folks.

Yet another disaster sponsored by the know nothings in DC.

I hope I don't get sick after the Washington elite are in charge of healthcare. Very shortly, their stupidity really will be the death of me.
Food was in mighty short supply in Soviet Russia, where it was pretty much treated as a "right", as well.

When anything is a right, it is provided as a minimum. Does everyone have a right to the best food? Are we talking Lobster with Drawn butter? Filet mignon? Are we even talking Big Macs?

Probably no.

Bread and water, recipe defined and cost dictated prison food or school lunches? Probably so.

Kind of makes one wonder about the "menu" for Universal Health Care. What might be the medical equivilant of "Ketchup is a vegetable"?

:lol: Could look something like "The nurse at the Minute Clinic is an MD"

You first have to ask yourself what, in America, does the average person consider to be a food "shortage"...

McDonalds has to erase a couple items off the menu?

Or bread is no longer available?

My guess would be that most would think the former is reason enough to panic.

I think we're going to be fine. That said, there's no reason to find it kooky that there are those who feel a need to stock up on necessities.

If for no other reason, inflation is a damn good one.

heh.....yes, when we begin bartaring cans of Tomato Soup.....we'll have more problems than prison overcrowding.

I've read some articles, similar to the one linked, that say we may be in for a food crisis because of the fedgov's intervention into the pricing of produce, and also because of low crop yields. In the interest of being prudent, I've began to stock up on items I normally use. Even if a food shortage doesn't happen, at least I can have an abundance of products at today's prices instead of at inflated prices that I KNOW will be coming. How do you feel about this?

2010 Food Crisis for Dummies « The Global Realm

I've got big dogs that I keep well fed. If there is a food shortage, I'll have meat for a couple months and I'll be saving the planet as well.

I've read some articles, similar to the one linked, that say we may be in for a food crisis because of the fedgov's intervention into the pricing of produce, and also because of low crop yields. In the interest of being prudent, I've began to stock up on items I normally use. Even if a food shortage doesn't happen, at least I can have an abundance of products at today's prices instead of at inflated prices that I KNOW will be coming. How do you feel about this?

2010 Food Crisis for Dummies « The Global Realm

I've got big dogs that I keep well fed. If there is a food shortage, I'll have meat for a couple months and I'll be saving the planet as well.

Puppies are guud eatin'

:eusa_drool:

I know a lot of people who are Social Security eligible who do not have enough money to retire on, so they are still working past age 62. I tell them to go on Social Security and supplement it with Food Stamps and other aid to low income families. Most of them are refusing to do that because of the stigma of public assistance.

I don't need footstamps, as my savings are more than enough to pay my bills and support my extended family in retirement, but if I needed foot stamps to extend my ability to provide, I would not hesitate to use them, because as I see it, I have already paid for them with my taxes in years past.

What is your read on this?

Forum List

Back