Food and Drug Regulation

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
Just curious:

Does anyone *NOT* want the Government banning harmful substances like, say, Transfats or whatever................

While simultaneously *supporting* the ban of Drugs and shit.

I'd be happy to share my views on each after I get some Adult responses, if possible. :razz:

I just want the companies to be required to put a sticker on the packaging telling me whether a given product contains carcinogens, endocrine disrupters, or other known harmful substances.

Then I can make an informed decision as to whether to buy that given product or not.

In America today, there exist alternatives to just about everything that we could feasibly get rid of anyway. Those things which are impossible to get rid of- you're not going to ban them as it is, so you're better off going for consumer education and mandated tranparency.

I just want the companies to be required to put a sticker on the packaging telling me whether a given product contains carcinogens, endocrine disrupters, or other known harmful substances.

Then I can make an informed decision as to whether to buy that given product or not.

In America today, there exist alternatives to just about everything that we could feasibly get rid of anyway. Those things which are impossible to get rid of- you're not going to ban them as it is, so you're better off going for consumer education and mandated tranparency.

I like that idea. Companies shouldn't have any problem actually knowing and learning the fucking health-effects of what they sell anyways. win/win.

Forum List

Back