CDZ Following the rules is more important than being honest in my opinion.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
When you play chess, do you tell your opponent what your plan is? No. However, you still have to follow the rules. Its the same thing with any activity in life.

Sports, video games, card games, board games, tic-tac-toe, training for a race, working on a project (you keep your progress secret and try to outdo the other team, while not breaking the rules).

Being honest is part of following the rules. That being said, silence is not being dishonest. In other words, a person can be honest without divulging plans or strategies to an opponent.

Being honest is part of following the rules. That being said, silence is not being dishonest. In other words, a person can be honest without divulging plans or strategies to an opponent.

Lying to an opponent in chess is not against the rules. In sports, we actively try to deceive our opponents.

Lying to an opponent in chess is not against the rules. In sports, we actively try to deceive our opponents.
Okay..........so you should not be trusted,,,,,good to know.

Is a basketball player who fakes one way and then goes the other being dishonest?

Is a basketball player who fakes one way and then goes the other being dishonest?

Or what about the coach who punts on first down?

He would be suspected of throwing the game and possibly banned from the league. Other than that, it is not illegal.

He would be suspected of throwing the game and possibly banned from the league. Other than that, it is not illegal.

I was wondering why if you were old enough to catch that.

When you play chess, do you tell your opponent what your plan is? No. However, you still have to follow the rules. Its the same thing with any activity in life.

It is important to be honest to your fellow human being in any activity in life. It goes with having integrity. Most activities in life are not games.

It is important to be honest to your fellow human being in any activity in life. It goes with having integrity. Most activities in life are not games.

It is not as important as following the rules.

In basketball, its part of the game. In life in general, no! Now I know you will lie if it is not against the law (the rules). You are not trustworthy.

In basketball, its part of the game. In life in general, no! Now I know you will lie if it is not against the law (the rules). You are not trustworthy.

Lying is only against the rules in some activities. In activities where it is against the rules, you should tell the truth.

Lying is only against the rules in some activities. In activities where it is against the rules, you should tell the truth.
I have no reason to believe you. You lie. You would try to convince me that lying is against the rules even if you believe it is not. You are not to be trusted. You will lie whenever it suites your needs.

I have no reason to believe you. You lie. You would try to convince me that lying is against the rules even if you believe it is not. You are not to be trusted. You will lie whenever it suites your needs.

You're lying. You don't really believe that.

Forum List

Back