Folksy WV ad not so folksy afterall

I've seen these ads. I live in a unique television market serviced by stations in Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Ohio and Steubenville, Ohio. The Steubenville station also services the northern panhandle of West Virginia.

These ads are a farce. The 'actors' are clearly not West Virginians. I know West Virginians, and these guys ain't the genuine article. Raese is getting hammered by negative ads run by the Manchian campaign and the DNC. And the negativity of the ads is borne on the words coming out of Raese's mouth on camera. Raese says "I'm not in business to provide jobs. I'm in business to make money." And, "I made my money the old fashioned way. I inherited it." Way to connect with the common man, Mr. Raese!

I've seen these ads. I live in a unique television market serviced by stations in Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Ohio and Steubenville, Ohio. The Steubenville station also services the northern panhandle of West Virginia.

These ads are a farce. The 'actors' are clearly not West Virginians. I know West Virginians, and these guys ain't the genuine article. Raese is getting hammered by negative ads run by the Manchian campaign and the DNC. And the negativity of the ads is borne on the words coming out of Raese's mouth on camera. Raese says "I'm not in business to provide jobs. I'm in business to make money." And, "I made my money the old fashioned way. I inherited it." Way to connect with the common man, Mr. Raese!

Raese needs to call the Chamber and get them to pump some foreign money into some attack ads. That will give him a leg up!

Raese Ad Called for Actors With 'Hicky' Blue-Collar Look - NYTimes.com

Another RICH Republican trying to buy a Senate seat. Where have I heard that song before?

The top five include three Democrats and two Republicans:

Number 1: Sen. John Kerry, Democrat, Massachusetts, with $230.98 million.

Number 2: Rep. Jane Harman, Democrat, California, $225.96 million.

Number 3: Rep. Darrell Issa, Republican, California, $160.62 million.

Number 4: Sen. Jay Rockefeller, Democrat, West Virginia, $80.40 million.

Number 5: Rep. Robin Hayes, Republican, North Carolina, $78.96 million.

The 50 Richest in Congress - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Why-is-my-right-labia-so-large.jpg

Imagine, then, the glee among Democrats when they got their hands on a casting call for the ad calling for actors with “a ‘Hicky’ Blue Collar look.” The document was provided to The Caucus by Democratic officials.

“These characters are from West Virginia, so think coal miner/trucker looks,” the casting call suggested. “Each character should bring several options and stay away from all black or all white or thin stripes (thicker stripes and plaid are good).”

In the e-mail, the firm said they wanted “one male, age about 55, looking for someone to represent the middle of the country … Ohio, Pittsburgh, West Virginia area, middle class.” And it said the other should be “age about 45, middle class, again, should represent the Ohio, Pittsburgh, West Virginia area of the country.”

I'm a middle class man slightly over 45 and living in the Pittsburgh, Ohio, West Virginia area. I do not sport a "Hicky, Blue-collar look" and I often wear narrow stripes, all white (never after Labor Day) or all black. I am in touch with the voters in my area, unlike the elite Mr. Raese who claims he is not in the business of making jobs, he is in th e business of making money.

I live in WV. We wear thin stripes when appropriate.:evil:

Forum List

Back