Folks Who Aren't Smart Enough To Remember History(recent) are Doomed To Relive It

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The Bush Administration lied through their teeth about Iraq Having WMD's. 4400 dead, 32,000 seriously wounded and a trillion dollars later guess what......the Republicans want Israel to bomb Iran.

When in the phuck are we gonna display a little common sense and quit studying war

Eisenhower warned all of us 50 years ago about the industrial-military complex and guess what....here we are about to phuck up again.

The Bush Administration lied through their teeth about Iraq Having WMD's. 4400 dead, 32,000 seriously wounded and a trillion dollars later guess what......the Republicans want Israel to bomb Iran.

When in the phuck are we gonna display a little common sense and quit studying war

Eisenhower warned all of us 50 years ago about the industrial-military complex and guess what....here we are about to phuck up again.

The world thought they had them.

But to prove you are the lying ass here. When democrats voted for that war they didnt read GWs intel which they admitted they used Bills intel.

Plus the only politician to use the words imminent threat was a democrat. Rockefeller to be precise. He then went on to say he should not be held to account for his words, then democrats promptly reattached their lips to his ass.

You really are painfully stupid.

But... being a conservative... I support your right to be painfully stupid.

Come on now FA.

Surely you don't expect Campass to admit that the Dems were all on board for the Iraq war?? That they all believed the intelligence from every major intel organization in the world now do you??

Of course Bush and the intelligence agencies all lied.

Its easier to say they all lied then to admit the Dems were on board with the war.

Come on now FA.

Surely you don't expect Campass to admit that the Dems were all on board for the Iraq war?? That they all believed the intelligence from every major intel organization in the world now do you??

Of course Bush and the intelligence agencies all lied.

Its easier to say they all lied then to admit the Dems were on board with the war.

The easiest way to punk a leftie is to post facts. :D

People who are anti education and think education is for "snobs" don't "believe" in history.

And? Sound reasoning and recommendations based on intelligence available. Had we acted then, Al Qaeda may have changed their focus.

Going down that list what I see are the signatures of NeoCons, not a true conservative in the bunch! I'm not sure, but I would guess that almost all of them, if not EVERY ONE, is a member of the CFR and the Tri-Lateral Commission. Several are associated with the Carlyle Group, as well.

Going down that list what I see are the signatures of NeoCons, not a true conservative in the bunch! I'm not sure, but I would guess that almost all of them, if not EVERY ONE, is a member of the CFR and the Tri-Lateral Commission. Several are associated with the Carlyle Group, as well.

I'll guarantee you one thing....they're all Republicans.

The difference is that now we have a president who would never bomb another country simply because he doesn't like the guy who is in charge.

:eusa_whistle:

I think that he would have learned by now that the only people that take him seriously are the deranged whack jobs who think other people's beliefs somehow impact them.

People who are anti education and think education is for "snobs" don't "believe" in history.

I think snobs are for education just because it, theoretically, makes people richer. None of them have yet explained the way Bill Gates got to be so rich he could give away billions of dollars and still be one of the richest men in the world without actually getting an education, or how Einstein managed to develop the theory of Relativity without ever attending graduate school.

Funny thing, I know more history than most of them even though I never really liked it in school, and never formally studied it after I got out of high school.

I'll guarantee you one thing....they're all Republicans.

This is why I love your threads.

The very first guy who is listed in your post is a Democrat.

Stephen J. Solarz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazing, isn't it, that not one of the GOP candidates has mentioned Bush, Jr.?

Hey dumbass why are you supporting Obamush?

That's poetry, CG

The difference is that now we have a president who would never bomb another country simply because he doesn't like the guy who is in charge.

:eusa_whistle:

You know...I noticed that.

I also noticed that after the toy cowboy pledged to bring in Osama Bin Laden Texas Style..."Dead or Alive" that during the last few years of his presidency he said he didn't worry about him. THEN President Obama killed his terrorist ass and dumped his remains in the sea. You have to love that man's style.

The Bush Administration lied through their teeth about Iraq Having WMD's. .

That is not true no matter how many times irrelevant lefty nobodies like you repeat it.

Study documents nearly 1,000 lies from Iraq war propaganda campaign

Study documents nearly 1,000 lies from Iraq war propaganda campaign
By Alex Lantier
26 January 2008

The systematic propaganda campaign waged by the Bush administration with the full collaboration of the mass media to drag the American people into a war of aggression has been newly documented by the Center for Public Integrity (CPI). The Washington-based, non-profit public policy journalism organization this week released a large database of the lies top government officials used to terrorize the US public into accepting the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

By the CPI’s count, the 380,000-word searchable database (available to the public at http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/) contains at least 935 demonstrably false statements made on 532 separate occasions by the following officials: President George W. Bush, Vice-President Richard Cheney, National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, and press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.

On these 935 separate occasions, the database’s authors write in their introduction, officials “stated unequivocally that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (or was trying to produce or obtain them), links to Al Qaeda, or both. This concerted effort was the underpinning of the Bush administration’s case for war.”

These claims of Iraqi WMDs and links to Al Qaeda were all completely false, as US officials have acknowledged. Perhaps the most famous admission came on January 26, 2004, when, in Senate testimony, former US weapons inspections leader David Kay conceded that “we were all wrong”—a conclusion that followed from the October 2003 Iraq Survey Group (ISG) report, which Kay explained by telling Congress that, after months of searching US-occupied Iraq, “We have not found at this point actual weapons.”

The database provides crucial historical evidence that the American people were led into a disastrous and criminal war based on a concerted campaign of falsehoods by all the top officials of the Bush administration. As the report notes, “The cumulative effect of these false statements amplified by thousands of news stories and broadcasts was massive, with the media coverage creating an almost impenetrable din for several critical months in the run-up to war.”

Thus on July 30, 2002, Rumsfeld had a one-word answer to reporters asking whether Iraq had relations with Al Qaeda: “Sure.” He then went on to say, “Well, are they [Al Qaeda] in Iran now? Yes. Are they in Iraq now? Yes.” The very next day, Rumsfeld’s own Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) would reach the conclusion that “compelling evidence demonstrating direct cooperation between the government of Iraq and Al Qaeda has not been established.” The DIA had previously stated that “the nature of the regime’s relationship with Al Qaeda is unclear.”

On August 26, 2002, Cheney told the national convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars: “Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us.”

In a September 2002 national radio address, Bush said, “The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as little as 45 minutes after the order is given.”

In January 2003, Wolfowitz described Iraqi weapons programs as “just a series of evil weapons unaccounted for, huge quantities of anthrax that can kill millions of people, huge quantities of botulinum toxin that can kill millions of people, ricin that can kill millions of people.”

In his infamous February 5, 2003 speech to the United Nations Security Council, Powell called his allegations of Iraqi weapons programs—including “biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails,” an “extensive clandestine network” to supply “its deadly biological and chemical weapons programs,” and the obtaining of “sufficient fissile material to produce a nuclear explosion”—“facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.”

The information in the database refutes Bush administration claims, after the US occupation forces failed to find WMD and Al Qaeda activities in Iraq, that it was somehow misled by false information provided by the intelligence services.

The database includes press articles, interviews and government documents detailing how claims such as Powell’s were in fact based on fraudulent intelligence and the deliberate manipulation by top officials of the US intelligence establishment. As the database’s introduction somewhat cautiously notes, this “calls into question the repeated assertions of Bush administration officials that they were the unwitting victims of bad intelligence.” In fact, the database paints the picture of an administration so desperate to start a war that it would do almost anything to force intelligence services to provide a casus belli.

For instance, it describes the “human sources” on which Powell based his UN speech. One was an Iraqi defector codenamed Curveball, an engineer who claimed to have seen mobile weapons labs in Iraq. A 2006 Senate report in the database quotes the CIA’s analysis of Curveball: “[A foreign intelligence service] has discussed Curveball with US, but no one has been able to verify this information.... The source is problematical.” The CIA’s head of covert operations in Europe, Tyler Drumheller, who opposed the inclusion of Curveball’s material in the UN speech, later remarked that “the policy was shaping the intelligence and not the other way around.”

The other source was an alleged Al Qaeda detainee, Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi, who claimed the Iraqi government had helped train Al Qaeda operatives in biological and chemical warfare. The database quotes CIA analyst Paul Pillar, who described al-Libi’s interrogation transcripts as “sketchy and ambiguous, almost James Joycean.” These transcripts were provided to the CIA by Egyptian intelligence, which had tortured al-Libi.

Al-Libi apparently continued to provide such information to US intelligence after being transferred to the US. According to a 2004 US Senate investigation, al-Libi told the CIA he “decided he would fabricate any information interrogators wanted in order to gain better treatment and avoid being handed over to [a foreign government].”

Another example was the continuous pressure exerted by Cheney and his aides on the CIA to fabricate incriminating evidence linking the Iraqi government and Al Qaeda. After interviews with former CIA Directorate of Intelligence chief Jami Miscik, journalist Ron Suskind described these interviews between Cheney’s and Rumsfeld’s staffs and Miscik thus:

“Cheney’s office claimed to have sources. And Rumsfeld’s, too. They kept throwing them at Miscik and CIA. The same information, five different ways. They’d omit that a key piece had been discounted, that the source had recanted. Sorry, our mistake. Then it would reappear, again, in a memo the next week. The CIA held firm: the meeting in Prague between Atta and the Iraqi agent didn’t occur.”

CONT.............

Forum List

Back