Focused on the Latin American Invasion of the US, Luis Gutierrez Chooses Not To Run!

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
As Mayor of Chicago that is.

Rep. Luis Gutierrez took himself out of the running for mayor Thursday, saying his mission must be passing comprehensive immigration reform.

The Chicago Democrat would have started as the best-known Hispanic mayoral candidate. He has a national profile as an immigration reform advocate, stumping in Florida earlier this week with Senate candidate Kendrick Meeks and heading to Nevada today to campaign for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells cheering fans at the University of Illinois at Chicago he'd have to put his advocacy for Latinos on hold if he ran for mayor.

Immigrants from Europe, Asia and other places would all benefit from reform, but immigration is seen as a largely Hispanic issue, and Gutierrez is seen as "an advocate for Latinos," he said. "If I run for mayor of Chicago, I have to be something different than that, something greater than that."
Gutierrez would have to suspend his immigration crusade and concentrate on local issues in Chicago. And he's not willing to do that.

"I don't want to have two things tugging at my heart," he told a packed room of cheering fans at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

"Si, se puede!" his fans shouted as Gutierrez spoke in English and Spanish. He talked about spending part of his youth in Puerto Rico and the isolation he felt there when a classmate called him a "gringo Americano" -- the same kind of isolation some immigrants feel when their husbands go off to war and the government tries to deport them, he said.

Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, but Gutierrez uses advocacy on behalf of Mexican immigrants to win support in the southern half of his district, said Gutierrez's Republican opponent, Israel Vasquez, standing outside Gutierrez's speech.

Gutierrez said he will eventually endorse a mayoral candidate. He came to office supporting Harold Washington, then shocked some supporters by endorsing Mayor Daley, who rewarded him by endorsing him for Congress.
Gutierrez said he called all the major candidates --former White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, Sheriff Tom Dart, City Colleges Board Chairman Gery Chico, City Clerk Miguel Del Valle, former Sen. Carol Moseley Braun, the Rev. James Meeks and Rep. Danny Davis -- and wished them "godspeed." Asked if a federal investigation of Gutierrez's lobbying on behalf of a donor had anything with his decision not to run, Gutierrez said, "Absolutely nothing -- I think the investigation is over."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/electio...luis15.article

Considering all the "once American" towns he helped turn into Latino toilets, he will be very busy stealing every tax dollar Americans have made to help the Hispanic culture rule over North America.

300px-Luis_gutierrez.jpg

• Banned
Someone from the Chicago Dimocrat machine likely had a talk with him.

He does spend a lot of time "south of the border". He moved out of his 4th district to get away from the crime I guess. I live in the 4th district and believe me, he won't lift a finger to help REAL Americans.

New Topics

Forum List

Back