Focus on smaller vehicles may cut illegal immigration

Workers in this country still need pick ups. F150's. Ford is going to make a killing with people who cross over from bankrupt GM & Chrysler to buy Ford because Ford didn't ask for any Fed. $.

Not to mention Ford F-150's are the best trucks built...but those of us that own them already know that. From Popular Mechanics website:

First Place --- Ford F-150 4x4 Supercrew Lariat

"Ford has made incredible strides in refinement and capability with the 2009 F-150 (click here for our brand-new, in-depth test drive). It may look like a more chiseled version of the old truck, but from behind the wheel, it is a much improved beast. It's as though Ford gave every nut and bolt an extra half twist of torque to make sure the F-150 is drum-tight. The F-150 is the heaviest here at a porky 5921 pounds. And despite the newly empowered 5.4-liter V8, that weight hurts acceleration and handling. It was the slowest and required the longest distances to come to a rest.

But trucks don't live on the test track, and the F-150's weight has been put to use. It has a wonderfully rigid body, which quells vibration and makes for a serene, peaceful interior. At a 60-mph cruise, the Ford was nearly luxury-car quiet—the most hushed of our group by a wide margin. The longest truck here, our F-150 also has the rear seat offering the most volume. When the roads turned serpentine, the Ford's excess weight was noticeable. It's not quite as tossable or fun as the Dodge. But the ride quality is closer to the benchmark Dodge's than any truck here.

For work, we found the Ford is simply the better truck. Its tow rating, a stout 9300 pounds, handled our test trailer with ease. It shared the electronic trailer-sway control feature with the Dodge, but only the Ford had an integrated brake controller. And that's a game-changing feature. The Ford was the only truck to offer a flat load floor under the rear seat.That makes the space more useful for real hauling than the lumpy bottoms of the other trucks. The F-150 is the only truck in our test that offered a system that can electronically track your tools. That's cool. And ours came with Sync and a gorgeous bird's-eye-view navigation system, both of which are simply class-leading. It was these details, the nearly one-pickup-class-above work capability and the overall refinement that tipped the scales in the Ford's favor. "

Never have liked the Ford pick ups. Never really liked Fords at all. They gave us the Tempo and the dreaded Aerostar van. What a piece of crap.

Chevrolet made some great pick ups and the Astro van was the choice of service fleets. The 4.3 V6 is a terrrific engine.

I hope they can emerge from this situation. I won't buy Ford. American or not, it's cheap crap.

Just think. If these illegal aliens had of been stopped at the boarder like they should have been, they would still be alive today.

I hate Ford too.

Electrical problems, even in the new vehicles. Pain in the ass.

My Ford Explorer got over 250,000 miles with no major repairs. It was a great vehicle.

some folkes have great luck with Fords some dont....i know a guy who has a Chevy pickup with 240,000 miles on it and he said has never had a problem...now the Yugo pickup is another matter.....

My Ford Explorer got over 250,000 miles with no major repairs. It was a great vehicle.

some folkes have great luck with Fords some dont....i know a guy who has a Chevy pickup with 240,000 miles on it and he said has never had a problem...now the Yugo pickup is another matter.....

He should be getting a 250,000 Mile Club cap from GM soon. They also send them out for 500,000 and 1,0000,000 miles. Surprisingly perhaps, there were a lot of 1,000,000 Mile Club members about 10 years ago when I worked on the Chevy ad account. No idea about now.

Forum List

Back