Fng

OOH-RAH!

and semper fi, you be a MENSCH -- who raised a MENSCH, to boot

Takes more than just a man to wear the uniform, especially these days!

Greetings fellow forum members. My name is Shooter (usually post as Gunny but the name is already in use) and I am the proverbial FNG around here. At least until I get some posts under my belt.

I am a moderator on another forum and was looking for another board to post on and found you guys.

I'll give you a quick SITREP on me. I'm a 55-year old born and raised in Gainesville, Florida (GO GATORS!!!!!). Joined the USMC right after high school when I was 18 and never looked back. I served in my beloved Corps for 31 years. I've now been retired for about six years.

I currently fill my time reading, working out, shooting, watching movies, watching sports, listening to music (classic rock, jazz, blues) and watching news channels. I am heavily into politics and love a good heated (but productive) debate. I am blunt, often speaking my mind for better or for worse.

My family is very important to me. I have three children (twin girls and a son). My one daughter is a high school teacher and married to a real estate agent. They have 2 children. . My other daughter is a stay-at-home mom and married to a firefighter. They have 4 children. My only son is currently in his 15th year in the Corps and on his third tour in Afghanistan. He is married and has 2 children.

My wife passed away in 2001 while I was still in the Corps. In 2005 I met a wonderful and beautiful woman originally from Russia, Rada. She moved to the country in her early 20s. We hit it off instantly and are now engaged. We get along perfectly despite her being 20 years my junior (35). But age is just a number. We have an excellent relationship.

I look forward to chatting and debating you all.

Semper Fi.

Can't tell ya how happy I am to see your ass here!

:beer:

His ass looks like chevrons and bars? :eusa_eh:

Welcome and thanks for the knowledge about ermy......:) You were correct. (Remember?)

Oh and fellow retired service man, hoo rah. (I helped fly you guys around....I was navy..)

New Topics

Forum List

Back