FNG who needs to post 15 to get link privileges

I do not see how it prevents noobs from posting redundant topics. It does not even prevent me from spamming ads & pictures. It only prevents a FNG from backing legit argument with facts. I would understand if there were limits on new topic threads or alias multi personality trolls, but this makes no sense. Even the copyrighted material arguement is lame. Posting a link to copyrighted material is better than copying & pasting the material in my post.

I may be a nooby to this forum but I know stupid when I see It. THIS IS A STUPID RULE!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Make sure every time he gets to 14 posts one gets "lost".:eusa_angel::eusa_whistle:

WTF.. You takin credit for my shit now? :mad:

That was MY idea, and I want my props!

Make sure every time he gets to 14 posts one gets "lost".:eusa_angel::eusa_whistle:
Much simpler to just go into AdminCP and change his usergroup back to the pre-15 post one, then no matter how many posts he accumulates he won't be able to post links, until you go back in and permission him!:badgrin:

WTF.. You takin credit for my shit now? :mad:

That was MY idea, and I want my props!

Sure it was. I posted that BEFORE I read your PM. Still a good idea ....:lol:

Uh huh. **looks at 5am timestamp on PM** :evil:

Mean.

Least Del knew it was my idea. :razz:

That 5AM timestamp is meaningless since I didn't read it at 5 AM. You probably COULD consider that sometimes, it is within the realm of possibilities that two or more people can actually have the same or similar idea. :eusa_eh:

Another example of " we have always done it that way, so it is right" mentality.

I argued this very point when I joined. denying new posters link privileges for 15 posts does nothing but prevent them from providing backing for any claims they make in the first 14 posts. And it encourages them to make 14 meaningless posts just to get link rights.

And we have seen Moderators go into threads with new posters and demand they provide a link when they did not have 15 posts.

So basically newbies just make 14 idiot posts so that on the 15th one you can link. Defeating the entire point of the supposed reason to prevent links for 15 posts.

Cause rules are rules.

Another example of " we have always done it that way, so it is right" mentality.

I argued this very point when I joined. denying new posters link privileges for 15 posts does nothing but prevent them from providing backing for any claims they make in the first 14 posts. And it encourages them to make 14 meaningless posts just to get link rights.

And we have seen Moderators go into threads with new posters and demand they provide a link when they did not have 15 posts.

So basically newbies just make 14 idiot posts so that on the 15th one you can link. Defeating the entire point of the supposed reason to prevent links for 15 posts.

Cause rules are rules.
~yawn~

15 posts in a welcome thread, or welcoming others aren't "meaningless" posts. It's such a minor requirement, it shouldn't bother anyone. Lots of forums have this type of requirement, I have seen them range from 5 to 50 posts, and some also even have a time requirement, such as a week or more!

It's an effective spam stopper and it works. Clearly nothing to get all butthurt over.

Cause rules are rules.
~yawn~

15 posts in a welcome thread, or welcoming others aren't "meaningless" posts. It's such a minor requirement, it shouldn't bother anyone. Lots of forums have this type of requirement, I have seen them range from 5 to 50 posts, and some also even have a time requirement, such as a week or more!

It's an effective spam stopper and it works. Clearly nothing to get all butthurt over.

Oh ... that's right ... take credit for my yawn, fucker.:eusa_eh:

:lol:

Cause rules are rules.
~yawn~

Oh ... that's right ... take credit for my yawn, fucker.:eusa_eh:

:lol:
Taking credit? Or have you maybe thought about how they might be contagious?:badgrin:

Dicknose.:lol:

Cause rules are rules.

I agree & have also been called out to post links that I am not able to post. I guess I will take Midnights advice & post a bunch of welcome newbys.

Cause rules are rules.

I agree & have also been called out to post links that I am not able to post. I guess I will take Midnights advice & post a bunch of welcome newbys.
just tell them you cant yet and have them look at your post count
you can post an address without the hyperlink on it
just remove the http:// and the www

just tell them you cant yet and have them look at your post count
you can post an address without the hyperlink on it
just remove the xxx and the xxx

I tried explaining that to some A-Hole poster screaming at me. He was a basic retard.

What a stupid rule to have to post 15 times to be able to post links to facts, government documents, scientific theories, etc. Any how here goes #4.

BTW how is everyone out there? Are you tired of all the lies out there? I know I am & I have come to blow the lid off a few. Just waiting for my chance to blast a few posting fools. :lol:
Hmmm...perhaps the rule should be 15 intelligent posts...then you'd really be fucked...have a good day and welcome...I'm almost tempted to search for your 16th post...almost.

What a stupid rule to have to post 15 times to be able to post links to facts, government documents, scientific theories, etc. Any how here goes #4.

BTW how is everyone out there? Are you tired of all the lies out there? I know I am & I have come to blow the lid off a few. Just waiting for my chance to blast a few posting fools. :lol:

I get the feeling that you are going to be a REAL winner!

I can't wait to see you "blasting fools".

Forum List

Back