Fly it High

Shortly after 9/11, one of my neighbors painted his garage door as a US flag. The neighborhood Nazis went berserk. Personally, that's a bit too gaudy for my taste, BUT the fact remains his proerty, his house, his garage door; yet, someone can tell him what to paint on it.

Now one could argue that following the association's rules is prerequisite to living in this subdivsion. And I'm cool with that.

But what about the Mexican guy who has a full-size Mexican flag tacked to his garage door and it's been there going on a year? Why is it okay to be anything BUT American?

Fair enough question, anyone been able to answer it?

When your part of the MAJORITY, your fair game.:dunno:

Shortly after 9/11, one of my neighbors painted his garage door as a US flag. The neighborhood Nazis went berserk. Personally, that's a bit too gaudy for my taste, BUT the fact remains his proerty, his house, his garage door; yet, someone can tell him what to paint on it.

Now one could argue that following the association's rules is prerequisite to living in this subdivsion. And I'm cool with that.

But what about the Mexican guy who has a full-size Mexican flag tacked to his garage door and it's been there going on a year? Why is it okay to be anything BUT American?
Why don't you bitch about the flag then? Obviously someone bitched about the garage, so respond in kind.

Or, move somewhere without an HOA.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to live next to someone with any country's flag painted or tacked on their garage door.

Why don't you bitch about the flag then? Obviously someone bitched about the garage, so respond in kind.

Or, move somewhere without an HOA.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to live next to someone with any country's flag painted or tacked on their garage door.

I don't live next to him, and like I said, it's a bit gaudy for my taste. However, I can understand a US flag flying in the US if that's what a US citizen wants to do.

Why bitch about the Mexican flag? I do my own dirty work. It's just going to "disappear."

Forum List

Back