Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed by the media...

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation? | The Weekly Standard

We'll wait for your condemnation and demand for his removal from the air.

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

...but we won't hold our breath.

Rush has a side?

Lol..shows what you know. He doesn't have to maintain a stable base of "voters". He doesn't even have to maintain the MAJORITY. He's a RADIO TALK SHOW HOST. He just has to keep his audience (and he owns his network). I don't think Rush is losing sleep over this.

Then how strange it is that Rush was officially recognized as a leader in winning people to the Republican side by the US Congress.

Indeed, in 1994, the Republican Congress not only officially recognized Rush, but made him an honorary member of their caucus.

Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, yes, Rush definitely has a side. Thanks for playing though.

Fluke and the dems are a bunch of disingenuous *****, but feel free to keep drinking the kool aid......

There ya go. There's the comment that's going to win all the women voters right back to Rush's side.

Well done. :clap2::clap2:

The problem is, you and your democrats think women are dumb enough to fall for this astroturf bullshit. So go ahead and keep insulting their intelligence......

Well done... :clap2:

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation? | The Weekly Standard

Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your tits!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”

Feel free to go after him. That guy is a pretentious asshole.

I wouldn't count on too many people supporting you, though, as

1. Sarah Palin is a valid political figure. One that has said a whole lot of nasty things about her political opponents, publicly.

And

2. If you want to bring Palin up as a credible comparison, one would only need to look at all the hundreds of comments Rush has made about Hillary Clinton.

There's much worse in there than calling her a "****", that's for sure.

Feel free to go after him. That guy is a pretentious asshole.

I wouldn't count on too many people supporting you, though, as

1. Sarah Palin is a valid political figure. One that has said a whole lot of nasty things about her political opponents, publicly.

And

2. If you want to bring Palin up as a credible comparison, one would only need to look at all the hundreds of comments Rush has made about Hillary Clinton.

There's much worse in there than calling her a "****", that's for sure.
No, I'm waiting on you to go after him. You know... something different than the left's typical hypocrisy.

By your own logic, Flucke is a valid political target too then and Rush should not have apologized or lost sponsors.

And are you saying that slut is worse than c***? my my my.. Maybe Rush should have called her that instead.

The problem is, you and your democrats think women are dumb enough to fall for this astroturf bullshit. So go ahead and keep insulting their intelligence......

You really have no clue that, by saying that Fluke was a "prostitute" for what she did, Limbaugh called a large portion of American women whores, do you?

Do you think anyone really gives a shit about Fluke?

One of my best friends received free contraceptives in college, while she dated her fiance.

Rush just stated that, because of that, she was a hooker.

You really need to take your head out of the right-wing bubble, and look at the big picture sometimes.

No, I'm waiting on you to go after him. You know... something different than the left's typical hypocrisy.

By your own logic, Flucke is a valid political target too then and Rush should not have apologized or lost sponsors.

And are you saying that slut is worse than c***? my my my.. Maybe Rush should have called her that instead.

What office was Fluke running for?

What political opponents had Ms Fluke made previous disparaging remarks about?

Of course she has an agenda, and she's had it since the day she enrolled. Her agenda is to force the church to conform.

Writes a Georgetown graduate and "former chief counsel of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution", Cathy Cleaver Ruse:

"I was not Catholic when I attended Georgetown Law, but I certainly knew the university was. So did Ms. Fluke. She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. Ms. Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed in the media.
"Georgetown Law School has flung wide its doors to the secular world. It will tolerate and accommodate all manner of clubs and activities that run contrary to fundamental Catholic beliefs. But it is not inclined to pay for or provide them. And it has the right to do so—to say "this far and no further."

Cathy Ruse: Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate - WSJ.com

It doesn't matter who Fluke is or what she believes or thinks. She has a right to express her personal opinion--without being viciously attacked by a male ego maniac--as do conservative women who are continually attacked by male ego maniacs from the left.

These personal vicious attacks on women-from male ego maniacs on both sides of the isle-simply because they have a difference of opinion--has got to stop.

Last edited:

You really have no clue that, by saying that Fluke was a "prostitute" for what she did, Limbaugh called a large portion of American women whores, do you?

One of my best friends received free contraceptives in college, while she dated her fiance.

You really need to take your head out of the right-wing bubble, and look at the big picture sometimes.

The big picture is:

1) This whole fiasco is a distraction from the miserable failure that is Obama.

2) The contraception debate is just a disingenuous way to circumvent the abortion debate.

3) The contraception debate is also a loser for the democrats, but demonizing the hell out of Limbaugh is disingenuous way to pander to women.

Hope this helps......

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly. Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature. The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves. None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio.../20/gIQAgWGkPR_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

The big picture is:

2) The contraception debate is just a disingenuous way to circumvent the abortion debate.

3) The contraception debate is also a loser for the democrats, but demonizing the hell out of Limbaugh is disingenuous way to pander to women.

Hope this helps......

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

richmond, va. — hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the virginia state capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 general assembly. Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before monday’s floor sessions of the republican-controlled legislature. The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves. None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident molly vick wore a shirt that read, “say no to state mandated rape.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio.../20/giqagwgkpr_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

as opposed to those non invasive trans vaginal suction vaccumes ? Lol

Oh, I see the problem. Ms. Fluke has an opinion and so does Mr. Limbaugh. Ms. Fluke needs to get herself a radio talk show for umptine years.

The big picture is:

Hope this helps......

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

If he's done such a good job then why is he running on class warfare and birth control pills?......

The big picture is:

It is a distraction, that YOUR SIDE created.

It's fucking hilarious when partisan hacks try to use an issue to attack their opponents, and then when things go bad, try to pretend that it was their opponents that started it.

Good try though.

Another red herring. Abortion has nothing to do with the current debate.

Hope this helps......

ROFL. Yes, obviously, since over 90% of the population uses contraception, the contraception issue is a "loser" for Democrats. You crack me up.

Sure it does. This is about forcing the church to provide services it doesn't believe in or want to provide. In this case, birth control. But you lying pieces of shit also refer to abortion as "birth control" so in reality, it's all one and the same.

You really aren't as subtle as you think you are, nor are you as smart.

It was a diversion from the Obama camp to create damage control on Obama's gaffe regarding the Catholic debacle.
Make no mistake on that.

It worked, I will give the dems credit for it.

Sure it does. This is about forcing the church to provide services it doesn't believe in or want to provide. In this case, birth control. But you lying pieces of shit also refer to abortion as "birth control" so in reality, it's all one and the same.

You really aren't as subtle as you think you are, nor are you as smart.

Rush Limbaugh's comment has NOTHING to do with the actual issue being debated.

Rush Limbaugh's comment is about calling women whores and prostitutes. Not about whether the Church is being forced to do anything.

If Rush Limbaugh had simply made a constructive argument about contraception and religious freedom, then you would have a point, but he did not.

Instead, he named anyone who disagreed with him on this issue to be "Whores" and "Prostitutes", and publicly called for at least one of them to make a public sex video for his personal sexual gratification.

So, don't go pretending this is about contraception, because it's not.

This is about Rush Limbaugh behaving like a fucking asshole.

Forum List

Back