Flu Shot...The Real Story

S

Sandy73

must read and please pass it on and on!!!!!
How the vaccine works:
Influenza vaccine is produced by growing the virus in eggs. The virus is killed and processed to create the vaccine, which is given by injection under the skin. The body then produces antibodies to the virus over
the next two to four weeks. If the immunized person then comes into contact with the influenza virus, the antibodies attack and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause infection. The vaccine contains the 3 most likely strains to be active during the "flu season"

Why the shortage:
Almost half of the nation's flu vaccine will not be delivered this year. Chiron, a major manufacturer of flu vaccine, will not be distributing any influenza vaccine this flu season. Chiron was to make 46-48
million doses vaccine for the United States. Chiron is a British company. Recently British health officials stopped Chiron from distributing and making the vaccine when inspectors found unsanitary conditions in the labs. Some lots of the vaccine were recalled and destroyed.

Why is our vaccine made in the UK and not the US?
The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor.

In the late 80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out
weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US.

By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot lawsuit was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.

So what your saying is that we have a flu shot shortage because of Senator Edwards and the liberal Democrats that passed Hillary's "Free shots" for everyone package.

Here is what i think of the entire flu shot shortage. Who cares? i sure dont. Im not worried at all. It doesnt affect me. I do think its funny though that Democrats always try to make stories out of problems they caused.

Is there any hope that this type of desperation will abate after the election? I doubt it. Sad! Is our nation destined to be 2 divided camps?

Here's my take on this stupid ass flu shot "epidemic"

Who the hell gets flu shots??

Take vitamins and wear a jacket. Being sick is part of life. Everyone gets the flu and everyone is still going to get the flu. Oh, but the point is for old people right? Blah. Stupid. The shortage isnt that bad..

I believe Christians would say "Things will work out exactly as planned".

Im not a Christian, but I tend to believe fate will be fate. If you get sick and die cause of the flu, then it was inevitable.

...it's as if the world didn't exist PRIOR to the Flu-Shot. It's just another vehicle for Liberals to try to SCARE the population into voting for their dumb ideas. :)

Mainframe said:
Here's my take on this stupid ass flu shot "epidemic"

Who the hell gets flu shots??

Take vitamins and wear a jacket. Being sick is part of life. Everyone gets the flu and everyone is still going to get the flu. Oh, but the point is for old people right? Blah. Stupid. The shortage isnt that bad..

I believe Christians would say "Things will work out exactly as planned".

Im not a Christian, but I tend to believe fate will be fate. If you get sick and die cause of the flu, then it was inevitable.

That's a dangerous stance to take. If it applies to the flu, why not polio, or smallpox? It leads down a dangerous road to the belief that medicine interferes with God's plan and should be avoided. I wouldn't be here if not for medicine, and I believe God works through doctors.

Now, am I worried for myself about flu shots? No, I've had the flu this season. It's not too bad. However, I understand that people with weak physiologies or immune systems can die, and I worry for them.

Forum List

Back