Flu shot? Never!

I've Never had the flu shot either!! And really don't want to get
the shot either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the Hospital that I work at are Kinda making it Mandatory...
If you don't get the Flu Shot
1)"You will not be eligible for you merit
increase and failure to comply will result in a written warning"
2)"Will be required to wear a Mask"

Talking about Pneumonia, there are two kinds...bacterial and viral. Bacterial pneumonia can be treated with antibiotics, viral cannot. Which one does the pneumonia shot guard against?

the pneumonia shot protects against bacterial. It is recommend to get the flu shot as well to protect from viral infection that could result in pneumonia!

I had a flu shot in the Service and it made me sick. They should list the side effects of flu shots like they do for prescription drugs advertised on TV. Fatal episodes have occured. Personally I'd rather take my chances. Watch the feds hype up a non-existant epidemic and then claim to cure it. It happens every year.

And our chances are good. Watch all the people around you getting them. If you are surrounded by people protected against the flu, you are also protected. The only time you would be in trouble is if you get exposed to someone who wasn't protected and who contracted the flu.
leech

Sheep

I've Never had the flu shot either!! And really don't want to get
the shot either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the Hospital that I work at are Kinda making it Mandatory...
If you don't get the Flu Shot
1)"You will not be eligible for you merit
increase and failure to comply will result in a written warning"
2)"Will be required to wear a Mask"

with all due respect, if you're not smart enough to get a flu shot, you really shouldn't be allowed to work in health care.

I've only ever had the flu once in 1988. The Shanghai Flu. I did not like it not one little bit. Hubs got it too. Sick as dawgs we were.

I've never gotten a flu shot and likely won't. Can not emphasize enough the simple act of washing your hands often (use Purell if you're out and about) and keep your hands away from your face. Clean often touched items even more frequently: keyboards, phones, remotes, doorknobs, toilet handles, light switches. It really does make a difference in how frequently you get sick. Oh and we keep the house on the cooler side in winter months. 64-67 degrees. We cut back on the temp years ago and we don't get sick very often. Of course as I'm typing this the boy is home with a low grade fever, throwing up and a sore throat. He probably didn't wash his hands!

I used to get the flu every single year. I ended up in the hospital twice. Started getting them about ten years ago. Except one year under Bush when they ran out of the shots. That year I got so sick I coughed up blood. I just got one about two weeks ago at Jewel. Every year I've had the shot, I haven't caught the flu.

PredFan said:
55 years old and I've never ever gotten a flu shot. I may never get one either. Everyone I know gets them so I'm pretty much protected.
You gotta be careful being around those who put this poision into them!!

IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET THE FLU FROM SOMEONE WHO GOT THE SHOT!!

Good read on this: www.newswithviews.com/Ciola/greg7.htm

Oh,GOOD FOR YOU for not ever exposing your immune system to this garbage!!

with all due respect, if you're not smart enough to get a flu shot, you really shouldn't be allowed to work in health care.

Exuse Me!! I have worked in Healthcare for 26 yrs. And Still do work in the
Healthcare!!! And Because of that and the research that I and other people
have done and know of all of the extra stuff that the government put in them!!!
I Don't want that Poison in my body!!!!!!!!!
But that is IMO

I'm 55 years old and I've never ever gotten a flu shot. I may never get one either. Everyone I know gets them so I'm pretty much protected.

I'm older than you and have never had the flu nor a flu shot but what is your point? Is the bogeyman gonna get you? I know people who swear by them. I still remember the time of polio so if it works for you do it. One religious family who lived down the block from us allowed a few of their children to die young rather than allow that bad government to intervene in the work of the Lord. Some work huh? But this gets into that tangled area where morality touches faith.

Forum List

Back