Flowers, Rare and Common

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
Flowers, whether you grow them or not....show them here.

Beautiful blue hydrangeas....you can actually make pink ones bloom blue!

461e4a71a639005cf20b24d499d89919.jpg

Magic Trick How To Make Your Hydrangea Change Color Gardenista

Here's a picture of one of my Hibiscus, blooming after I brought it into the house for the winter. It's a double.

P1010874_zpsce732d08.jpg

P1010799.jpg

Plumeria in bloom. This plant is very easy to propagate. Just cut off about 9 inch stalk and stick it in dirt. It will root within a few days.

Tulips are so pretty, but it's too hot in Texas to grow them.

7f3ccfa860f6f8246229eddd116436e2.jpg

So beautiful. I've done flowers a few times, but I wouldn't say I have a green thumb or anything. I'm just an amateur. This summer, I'm going to do herbs again. It was so convenient to go out and just pick some herbs for a recipe instead of having to buy them or use dried herbs. Fresh herbs are so much better.

Last year I did some kind of vine plants and some snap dragons. I only have very limited space so it has to be one or other, and this year it will be herbs. :)

I hybridize my own, so I suppose that makes them rare since I'm the only person in the world who hgas them.

100_2448640x480_zps56a0a4c8.jpg
100_2664640x479_zps19177133.jpg

8a8bf22b-8ed7-465b-a955-c8ef4c5c92ef_zpsaf5eb6d3.jpg
Those are beautiful....thanks for sharing. I imagine it takes work to hybridize....I've never tried it, but the results are stunning.

Last edited:
So beautiful. I've done flowers a few times, but I wouldn't say I have a green thumb or anything. I'm just an amateur. This summer, I'm going to do herbs again. It was so convenient to go out and just pick some herbs for a recipe instead of having to buy them or use dried herbs. Fresh herbs are so much better.

Last year I did some kind of vine plants and some snap dragons. I only have very limited space so it has to be one or other, and this year it will be herbs. :)

Basil is so easy to grow. All you need is one plant....then take a clipping and stick it in the ground.....it may look wilted for a little while, but it will spruce up quickly and root. Mints, are all very easy to propagate, too. All you need is a clipping, and you can either stick into the soil directly, or you can put in a little pot and then transplant when it roots. I love to grow cilantro, too, and it is also easy to propagate. Love it in salsa, and with fajitas.

This is a picture of my Meyers lemon. Last year it almost died....I had to cut it back and decided to continue watering it. It has sprouted new branches and has quite a few flowers on it. The lemons are delicious, they are juicy, think skinned and you can get quite a few from one plant. It is not a very hardy plant, so I have to bring it inside every winter, but it's worth it.

P1010876_zps1f7350d3.jpg

I have a few rose bushes, but they're not as beautiful as these.

0aa5c2828a6d1aa9f4638d2d3fd7f459.jpg

Basil is so easy to grow. All you need is one plant....then take a clipping and stick it in the ground.....it may look wilted for a little while, but it will spruce up quickly and root. Mints, are all very easy to propagate, too. All you need is a clipping, and you can either stick into the soil directly, or you can put in a little pot and then transplant when it roots. I love to grow cilantro, too, and it is also easy to propagate. Love it in salsa, and with fajitas.

I love basil. One of my favorite herbs, and the one I use most often.

Beautiful. One of my neighbors was really talented at growing roses and had them in all different colors last year.

Everyone claims they're so easy to grow, and I've seen some bushes that are covered with blooms, but mine don't seem to want to put much effort. I feed them and water them regularly....maybe I need to spank them.

Beautiful. One of my neighbors was really talented at growing roses and had them in all different colors last year.

Everyone claims they're so easy to grow, and I've seen some bushes that are covered with blooms, but mine don't seem to want to put much effort. I feed them and water them regularly....maybe I need to spank them.

My neighbor used to spray hers down with something. I guess roses (around this area at least) are very prone to some kind of disease which appears as brown spots on the leaves.

My neighbor used to spray hers down with something. I guess roses (around this area at least) are very prone to some kind of disease which appears as brown spots on the leaves.

Mine don't have brown spots on the leaves, but maybe I still need to spray them with something! They bloom alright, just not profusely like some other people's rosebushes.

Mine don't have brown spots on the leaves, but maybe I still need to spray them with something! They bloom alright, just not profusely like some other people's rosebushes.

I'm sure they probably have things at Home Depot or something that you could use. I don't know what she used, but I think it also helped repel insects and stuff. She moved a couple of years ago and gave me one of her rose bushes, but I killed it. :lol: I stick with the simple things now. We have a big squirrel problem around here too. They don't seem to bother with herbs, surprisingly, though.

Forum List

Back