Flowers In My Neighbors Yard

Nice... I'm thinking of getting a DSLR to start taking more professional looking pictures. Another thing, you avatars are sick. Especially the one with the guy in face paint.

Nice... I'm thinking of getting a DSLR to start taking more professional looking pictures. Another thing, you avatars are sick. Especially the one with the guy in face paint.

Thank you. I have used Nikon for over thirty years, they feel so great in my hands. All of the major brands will give you great results if you get good glass, that's the most important thing. Get a good body but spend more on great lenses.

Mine is a Nikon D300, I got a great deal from my brother after he shot 20 shots with it and said it was too complicated for him to enjoy using. I talked him into the D90, same mega pixel but much lighter, less expensive and it also shoots HD video. I shot some with it and if I wouldn't have gotten the deal on the D300, that is the camera I would have bought.

Last edited:
Nice photos. Did you take them manually or use one of the pre-programed modes? What kind of a digital? I have a Nikon D1, a Nikon D50, and a Nikon D300. All are great cameras and do a wonderful job. Digital is the way to go these days. You can get some terrific photos with a digital.

Nice photos. Did you take them manually or use one of the pre-programed modes? What kind of a digital? I have a Nikon D1, a Nikon D50, and a Nikon D300. All are great cameras and do a wonderful job. Digital is the way to go these days. You can get some terrific photos with a digital.

Thanks all for your kind comments, makes me want to continue shooting.

I just bought a D300 with the Nikkor 18-200 f/3.5-5.6GIF-ED VR. I shot in manual, raw and processed in Photoshop. I have a Nikon FE, Nikon 8008s, Nikkormat FTN, Olympus E-10 and a Pentax 6x7.
The FE is 25 years old and has shot thousands of photographs and feels as good as when it was new. The Pentax is a beast but is great to look through the viewfinder....... with Fuji Velvia, it gets surreal results. At a dollar every time you opened the shutter, it's become somewhat cost prohibitive.

I like digital a lot, mostly for the freedom and for what can be done in Photoshop. After seeing what one of Ansel Adams' prints done straight from the negative looked like compared to what he did with it in the dark room, I am sure he would have gone nuts with Photoshop.

Last edited:
Those photos are stunning. They could make great presents as notecards. Thanks for sharing.

Actually, I started shooting flowers to make cards for my Mother, Sister and other women in my life. I worked at an art supply store in Denver 15 years ago and found great paper to use for cards, they seem to be a big hit. I also make prints and mount them to a sheet of black foam core adding a small triangle on the back for them to stand on their own, everybody likes those too.:eusa_angel:

Thank you. I have used Nikon for over thirty years, they feel so great in my hands. All of the major brands will give you great results if you get good glass, that's the most important thing. Get a good body but spend more on great lenses.

Mine is a Nikon D300, I got a great deal from my brother after he shot 20 shots with it and said it was too complicated for him to enjoy using. I talked him into the D90, same mega pixel but much lighter, less expensive and it also shoots HD video. I shot some with it and if I wouldn't have gotten the deal on the D300, that is the camera I would have bought.

I use a Nikon P60 Coolpix which is really nice. My boyfriend is the photographer and has a lot of cameras and equipment. Taking photographs has become quite a fun pastime for a lot of my friends and family. It's so convenient to just carry one around everywhere.

The flower shots are really pretty, I liked the red one with the sun shining on it.

I use a Nikon P60 Coolpix which is really nice. My boyfriend is the photographer and has a lot of cameras and equipment. Taking photographs has become quite a fun pastime for a lot of my friends and family. It's so convenient to just carry one around everywhere.

The flower shots are really pretty, I liked the red one with the sun shining on it.

That is the first flower from a double hibiscus(don't know the real name) I planted 2 weeks ago, I laid underneath it to get that shot, it's not even 3 feet tall. I am amazed at how well the meter read the light and shadow in that shot.

sitarro - Yep. You can do some great stuff with Photoshop. I took that course that the New York Institute of Photography has that deals with Photoshop and learned quite a few tricks to using it. I like it alot. BUT, have you tried out the new version of Adobe Lightroom yet? I think I like that better than Photoshop and it's much easier to use. I just purchased Corel PaintShop Pro PhotoX2 and just learning how to use it. It's very much like Photoshop.

I made some note cards from some fox photos I took along with some of hummingbirds and flowers. My wife took the note cards away from me and passed them out to her friends. Those note cards, especially with flowers, are very popular. Would make great Christmas gifts!

Forum List

Back