Flowers, Birds, Trees & Planets

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Racism is the least of the reasons to change the name of everything named after this guy:

A history teacher at Woodrow Wilson High School in Portland, Ore. is lobbying for the school to change its name, reports local CBS affiliate KOIN-TV.

The teacher, Hyung Nam, has been calling for a new name for Wilson High for several months.

“We’d have to be ignorant about history to continue to affiliate ourselves with this man,” the history teacher wrote in an April 22 email to all staffers.

Movement To Rename Schools Honoring Confederate Leaders Widens To Reach Progressive Woodrow Wilson

Renaming Movement Reaches Woodrow Wilson The Daily Caller

Frankly, I never understood why anything at the state and local levels is named after federal government crooks, traitors, and global busybodies. Woodrow Wilson was the worst president ever. To call Wilson the worst says a lot in light of Jimmy Peanuts, the Pervert, and the Chicago sewer rat. The federal government can remove Wilson’s name from buildings, etc. the government controls. They won’t do it because Wilson is a hero to the New World Oder crowd. State and local governments is another matter.

The fact is that the good guys who have anything named after them are few and far in-between, while the names of douche bags are all over the place. I would actually name every public entity after flowers, birds, trees, fish, mammals, planets, and everything else I can find rather than politicians. I would include scientists except that that might open the door for environmental pseudo-scientists and medical industry butchers. Had Nazi Germany won the war, I am sure Joseph Mengeles would gotten a highway named after him. If Democrats had their way they would name federally-funded abortion clinics after Kermit Gosnell.

I realize that my suggestion for naming things sacrifices a few good men and women, but the benefit of dumping an army of the douche bags is worth the sacrifice.

Finally, nobody who wants to replace the folks on our currency with political activists should object to my suggestion. Currency is used everywhere, while buildings, highways, bridges and dams are only used and seen by a relative few.

He's right. Wilson was a racist asshole who got us into a lot of shit in Latin America and elsewhere, even pointlessly prolonging the Russian revolution. And that was known at the time; history books kinda forget to mention that by the time his 8 years were up he was so reviled that Harding barely had to campaign at all and still won by a landslide.

I would actually name every public entity after flowers, birds, trees, fish, mammals, planets, and everything else I can find rather than politicians.

That makes a lot of sense. That's what I like about Canada decorating their dollar coin with a loon or Ireland their coins with a harp. Celebrates Nature rather than our own tempestuous natures.

25Loonie_Original.png
toonie.jpg
HARP2.GIF

The fact is that the good guys who have anything named after them are few and far in-between, while the names of douche bags are all over the place.
Need I say More!

Remove name of the late Senator, Ku Klux Klan member Robert Byrd from the public space, road ways
By Nadra Enzi
July 15, 2015

Remove name of the late Senator Ku Klux Klan member Robert Byrd from the public space road ways

"Canada Free Press" huh? They don't seem to know Byrd had quit the Klan in the 1940s, before ever running for office at all so no, he was never Klan and Senator at the same time. Unlike, say, Rice Means.

Now Amherst is another story. That guy actually hurt people. That guy actually killed people. In mass genocide. Yet he's got a city and a college named after him in Massachusetts, and thirteen other places -- and sixteen in Canada.

I would actually name every public entity after flowers, birds, trees, fish, mammals, planets, and everything else I can find rather than politicians.
I can't think of a single negative to your idea.
The only people that it could possibly offend are those that are perpetually looking to be offended by something.

"Canada Free Press" huh? They don't seem to know Byrd had quit the Klan in the 1940s, before ever running for office at all so no, he was never Klan and Senator at the same time. Unlike, say, Rice Means.
images
To Pogo: I’m counting on you to pardon the charges black racists level against our Founding Fathers.
Now Amherst is another story. That guy actually hurt people. That guy actually killed people. In mass genocide. Yet he's got a city and a college named after him in Massachusetts, and thirteen other places -- and sixteen in Canada.
To Pogo: Okay. Dump all of the assholes.
The only people that it could possibly offend are those that are perpetually looking to be offended by something.
To Alystyr: Just imagine how ballistic they would go if the names of their icons are erased!
W VA would go broke if it had to pay to replace everything in the state with their klansman Bobbie Byrd's name on it. But, fair is fair I guess.
To blastoff: I think Byrd was the original King of Pork. It is no wonder he holds the record for having public property named after himself. Hell, he did not rely on waiting until he was dead.

Do you actually think running a photoshop over and over will convince somebody that it's real?

Frankly, I never understood why anything at the state and local levels is named after federal government crooks, traitors, and global busybodies.
Mount_McKinley_with_US_Flag_at_Eielson_Visitor_Center_5300913475-e1441112056879-640x480.jpg

Here Are Some Other Monuments Obama Could Rename
by Milo Yiannopoulos
1 Sep 2015

Here Are Some Other Monuments Obama Could Rename

On the surface of the name change, it appears that Nanook of the North convinced the Chicago sewer rat to dump McKinley. Frankly, I think the sewer rat is doing it to get even with McKinley for sending American troops to protect Christians in the Boxer Rebellion. The name change also gives the sewer rat a chance to suck up to China’s Xi Jinping with an another apology for America’s past.

Had Nazi Germany won the war, I am sure Joseph Mengeles would have gotten a highway named after him. If Democrats had their way they would name federally-funded abortion clinics after Kermit Gosnell.
Prediction: Kermit Gosnell will be pardoned by that piece of scum in the White House:

The Islamic State has reportedly issued a fatwa ordering the elimination of children with Down syndrome and other congenital disabilities, reminiscent of Hitler’s infamous “Aktion T4” program, which administered forced “euthanasia” on an estimated 300,000 disabled persons.​

Islamic State Issues Fatwa Against Children with Down Syndrome, Murders 38 Disabled Infants
by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.
14 Dec 2015

Islamic State Issues Fatwa Against Children with Down Syndrome, Murders 38 Disabled Infants

The fact is that the good guys who have anything named after them are few and far in-between, while the names of douche bags are all over the place.
It is ludicrous to put another douche bag’s name on a navy ship. To call any liberal senator “. . . a champion for this nation . . .” is an insult to every American who values this country’s sovereignty. His votes on nuclear treaties alone are a disgrace.

"In the Navy, per traditional ship-naming convention, our destroyers are named after heroes," Mabus said in the prepared remarks. "As a champion for this nation, I know personally, as so many of you do, that Carl Levin has been a true hero to so many."​

Naming a warship the USS Carl M. Levin implies that the men who serve on her are fighting for Levin’s political beliefs. The same is true of this disgrace:

Hunter has previously clashed with Mabus over ship names, including in 2011 over his naming the Lewis and Clark-class Navy cargo ship after labor organizer Cesar Chavez.​

Hunter raps Navy for naming ship after Levin
By Jacqueline Klimas
4/13/16 3:28 PM

This is an excerpt from a message that I posted on another board. The topic included then-Senator Levin:

Something smells fishy in the intelligence community:

China's nuclear arsenal poses the most serious "mortal threat" to the United States among nation states, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told the Senate on Thursday.​

Anybody with an ounce of brains should have known about China before every Senate Democrat and 12 RINO ratified New START; so why is anyone upset because Clapper said it? Is it because Obama's DNI stating the obvious exposes the folly in ratifying New START?

Asked by Sen. Joe Manchin III, West Virginia Democrat, what country he viewed as the greatest adversary of the United States, Mr. Clapper said: "Probably China, if the question is pick one nation state."

He added, "We have a treaty, the New START treaty, with the Russians. I guess I would rank them a little lower because we don't have such a treaty with the Chinese."​

Labeling America’s enemies adversaries might make everyone feel better, but those ‘adversaries’ still end up with more nuclear weapons and more launching sites than the US and its reliable allies. Bottom line: Those people who would sign away America’s security in treaties fail to consider nuclear arsenals in the aggregate.

Being somewhat skeptical about Democrats controlling the intelligence community allow me to quote myself:

“In 2003-2004, when a DNI (Director of National Intelligence) was in the planning stage, I pointed out that the day would come when Democrats would control the entire intelligence community through one man. I also speculated that a Democrat DNI could very easily be another Alger Hiss; impeccable credentials, etc.

Even before 2003, I said that nobody in their right mind would let Democrats come anywhere near the intelligence community. Today, Obama has more control over the entire intelligence community than any president ever had throughout the Cold War when the American Left did everything it could do to help the Soviet Union.”

It just does not make sense to trust Obama’s DNI because he called a Communist country a “mortal threat.” My instincts tell me that Clapper and Manchin rehearsed their little drama. Call it a one-act play leading to talks about a nuclear arms treaty with China. Never forget that an arms reduction treaty with the Soviet Union was a top priority for the American Left throughout the Cold War.

And it’s not only nuclear today. China already has the world’s largest standing army; so maybe it’s time every DNI added up all of the combat-ready troops, warships, submarines, planes, and conventional weapons America’s “adversaries” can commit to battle on a moments notice. In short: Start looking at America’s “adversaries” as one entity.

Returning to the hearing, Senator Carl Levin provided comedy relief in our little one-act play:

During the hearing, Sen. Carl Levin, Michigan Democrat and committee chairman, said he was "surprised" by Mr. Clapper's statement on China.​

Was Levin surprised because Clapper said it? If so, he must have missed the aforementioned rehearsal.

It gets funnier:

After Mr. Clapper clarified that he was speaking about capabilities and not intentions, Mr. Levin said, "I was just as surprised by that answer as your first answer. You're saying that China now has the intent to be a mortal adversary of the United States?"​

China deemed biggest threat to U.S.
Russia second, DNI chief says
By Eli Lake - The Washington Times - Thursday, March 10, 2011

China deemed biggest threat to U.S.

When questioning witnesses, Senator Levin likes to peer over his Ben Franklin spectacles in order to give the impression he is a gentle grandfather figure without a Left-leaning bone in his body. The truth is: If China’s aggressive, militaristic, posture came as a surprise to Levin he should move to Peking.

Does anyone remember the cozy relationship Communist China enjoyed with the Clinton Administration when Hillary Clinton was co-president? Evaluate everything any Democrat says about China with the Clintons in mind.

Finally, what would Levin say if a mortal adversary sank the USS Carl M. Levin?

UPDATE
Naming a warship the USS Carl M. Levin implies that the men who serve on her are fighting for Levin’s political beliefs.
Hillary Clinton plans to attend the launching ceremony of a warship. And not just any warship, but the USS Gabrielle Giffords, named for the liberal congresswoman who was shot in the head. For Hillary, every decision is still about wimmen and grrrls. But her decision raises the larger question about whether it is appropriate to name a warship after Giffords.

XXXXX

It still raises the question about whether a military warship should be named after someone who abhors firearms. It seems more than a little ironic. I would support naming an unarmed ship after Mrs. Giffords. That way if it ever got attacked and was defenseless, it would reflect Mrs. Giffords's passion for gun control.​

June 5, 2017
Should a liberal gun control activist have a Navy warship named after her?
By Ed Straker

Blog: Should a liberal gun control activist have a Navy warship named after her?

Forum List

Back