Florist Sued for Refusing Service to Gay Couple Pens Defiant Letter Rejecting Gov’t Settlement Offer

bigotry is sad. luckily it's dying out.

If only it would on the left side of the aisle also
example?

Example of what? Bigotry from the left? Start with religion.
what about it?

The moment you or anyone else attacks my religion or belief in God you become a bigot.

bigot:
noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
so we're in agreement then, there are more religious bigots on the right.

Yeah, she thinks she lives in a free country with 1st amendment rights - the fool.

Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom rejected arguments from the owner of Arlene's Flowers in Richland that her actions were protected by her religious freedom. He said that while religious beliefs are protected by the First Amendment, actions based on those beliefs aren't necessarily. Courts have long held that lawmakers can prohibit discriminatory conduct, and the judge said florist Barronelle Stutzman broke the law when she refused to sell flowers for a same-sex wedding in 2013.

Joe. My. God. WASHINGTON Anti-Gay Florist Found Guilty In Public Accommodations Case

What a sad day when being asked to follow the law gets someone labeled as 'gestapo' in America.

She sounds like an old crank.
Enough about the OP. What about the woman in the story?

The woman? You're referring to the Florist, with whom the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality is AT WAR?

Im not the old bitch whining that she has to serve people that are different from her.

WHEN WILL THE IDEOLOGICAL LEFT CEASE THEIR COWARDLY WAR ON WOMEN!??

Segregationists and slave owners felt the same way.

They were just following the bible.

These situations, photographers, bakers, florists are quite different than slave owners and segregationists though.

No one is trying to deny the couple a wedding, the business owner simply does not wish to supply their services to the couple for whatever reason.

That being said, these situations have me torn between the premis that one has certain moral codes that they wish to live under and the biblical teaching " give unto Ceasar"

Surely flowers are not an essential part of life, as is the freedoms denied a slave, or the need to be educated on a level playing field?

All in all, as bad as this may seem to her, perhaps accepting the fine and put efforts into changing existing laws would be far more productive.

My problem with these cases is it's turned out the homos were targeting the business owners in some instances, when that happens it becomes tyranny and low handed

Don't discriminate. Problem solved.

LOL I love how anything anti homo gets the girl's panties in a twist. Does every leftist have underlying homosexual desires?
This is what id call "childish."

To each their own I guess.

You are childish, in fact this is the second time I've mentioned it to you....think about it
Well then I guess coming from your userhandle - ill take it with a huge grain of salt mrs "anyone who isnt against gay people has homo tendencies!"

Bigots are.never very intelligent. Except to themselves.

My problem with these cases is it's turned out the homos were targeting the business owners in some instances, when that happens it becomes tyranny and low handed

I wouldn't put it past those sneaky gay people to become established customers of the store for 9 years and regularly ordering designs and arrangements just so that years later the state can file a charge for them breaking the law.

Those tricky bastards.

>>>>

LOL I love how anything anti homo gets the girl's panties in a twist. Does every leftist have underlying homosexual desires?
This is what id call "childish."

To each their own I guess.

You are childish, in fact this is the second time I've mentioned it to you....think about it
Well then I guess coming from your userhandle - ill take it with a huge grain of salt mrs "anyone who isnt against gay people has homo tendencies!"

Bigots are.never very intelligent. Except to themselves.

Yeah ok, now run along, Sparky, you're boring me with your chid like comments

Im not sure im into businesses serving people they dont want to by force of the government.

If the theyre known bigots and enough people decide not to shop there as a result, theyll fail.

Thay all said, shes a despicable bigot. Fuck her

Yeah the homos sure showed Chik Fil La, eh? You idiots never win with that "boycott" BS. There isn't enough of you

Well I think boycotts are pretty stupid- but the homosexual community learned about about boycotts from the 'tolerant' Christians- from the boycott of Disney for being 'too gay friendly' to the boycott of JC Penney for daring to have a homosexual as a spokesperson.

Like I said boycotts are pretty stupid- Christians showed us how stupid they are- and they are just as stupid when the gay community tries boycotts.

And I wish I had a Chik Fil A close enough to go to for lunch today.

Oh please.

The homo brigade is so incredibly stupid, they think they will win this battle.

They won't. They are a TINY minority...and the VAST majority of Americans has absolutely ZERO desire to accommodate their increasingly oppressive demands.

Oh please.

The homo brigade is so incredibly stupid, they think they will win this battle.

They won't. They are a TINY minority...and the VAST majority of Americans has absolutely ZERO desire to accommodate their increasingly oppressive demands.

I suspect that's why the Pew poll discovered the support for the homos is dropping. People are tired of hearing the whines

Yeah, she thinks she lives in a free country with 1st amendment rights - the fool.

Benton County Superior Court Judge Alex Ekstrom rejected arguments from the owner of Arlene's Flowers in Richland that her actions were protected by her religious freedom. He said that while religious beliefs are protected by the First Amendment, actions based on those beliefs aren't necessarily. Courts have long held that lawmakers can prohibit discriminatory conduct, and the judge said florist Barronelle Stutzman broke the law when she refused to sell flowers for a same-sex wedding in 2013.

Joe. My. God. WASHINGTON Anti-Gay Florist Found Guilty In Public Accommodations Case
She didn't refuse to sell flowers. The gay couple have been buying flowers from her for nine years.

She refused to sell her artistry to support something she finds abhorrent.

Forum List

Back