Florida’s Okaloosa county goes rogue on oil spill

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I'm guessing that we'll see more of this response to the absence of leadership as the Obama administration continues to flounder in this crisis.
*********************************************************************************************************

Florida’s Okaloosa county goes rogue on oil spill as Jindal orders National Guard to build protections off Louisiana

By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller | Published: 06/15/10 at 4:04 PM | Updated: 06/17/10 at 1:23 AM

Florida’s Okaloosa county is telling the federal government it will no longer take orders in responding to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, a decision made in response to the county’s deep frustration with the Obama administration’s response to the spill.

The county appears to be the first local government to openly flaunt the official response to the spill. Others, such as Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, have complained bitterly of inaction and red tape regarding their response to the spill, but have thus far refrained from taking measures not approved by the federal or state authorities. Even Jindal, though, has become more assertive in the last day, ordering the National Guard to start building barrier islands off Lousiana’s coast.

Florida’s Okaloosa county goes rogue on oil spill as Jindal orders National Guard to build protections off Louisiana | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Last edited:
They are going to push oil from the deep to the surface and block it from shore with barges???

Sounds rather retarded.

With Mabus being part-time, my guess is we'll be seeing more and more local action and less waiting on the feds.

Not sure why everyone is waiting for the Feds to begin with...but I suppose it is only a matter of time before some frustrated county official launches a nuke at the well head.

Forum List

Back