Florida's 'No Retreat' Home Invasion Law

Mr. P said:
I'm afraid I don't really, unless it's the anti-gun drum beat of "if guns were illegal
there would be no crime"..

Nope, that's not the beat. I don't really have a problem with you wanting weapons legal for personal ownership. I have a problem with people buying a handgun hot and then being able to shoot whoever they want without fear of it being traced.

The ClayTaurus said:
Nope, that's not the beat. I don't really have a problem with you wanting weapons legal for personal ownership. I have a problem with people buying a handgun hot and then being able to shoot whoever they want without fear of it being traced.
I have a problem with that as well...What's your solution? Mine is strict sentencing of anyone that commits a crime with a gun, legal or not.

But I see a key word here.."traced"..Every weapon sold can be traced to the original owner. Now where they went after that is a different story..
It really doesn't matter though, IMO..The gun didn't commit the crime.

Mr. P said:
I have a problem with that as well...What's your solution? Mine is strict sentencing of anyone that commits a crime with a gun, legal or not.

But I see a key word here.."traced"..Every weapon sold can be traced to the original owner. Now where they went after that is a different story..
It really doesn't matter though, IMO..The gun didn't commit the crime.

No I totally agree. I never hear anyone from the NRA say this though, even though I'm sure many of them think that.

The ClayTaurus said:
No I totally agree. I never hear anyone from the NRA say this though, even though I'm sure many of them think that.
I think that's pretty much how they feel also...They promote safe responsible gun ownership, handling and education too.

Hagbard Celine said:
Well, what if you don't have a cell or your phone goes dead. Your wife just got her cellphone. There are plenty of people out there who don't have cells. And that's just one hypothetical situation. There is an infinite number of others. The law is flawed.

Somehow I don't think that it's ok to shoot someone coming up your walkway. Now, I do not have a cellphone, as they do not make any that I know of for the hearing impaired.

Let's say you live in FL. I'm driving along, in my 1989 Chevy, which lo and behold, gives up the ghost. Why I'm in a residential neighborhood? :dunno:, but I am. I go up your walkway, I ring the bell or knock on the door. You shoot me. Somehow I don't think the law applies.

Now, imagine instead, I just meander my way to your backyard patio. I don't knock, but instead decide to see if the sliding door opens. It does. I walk in, I don't say anything, but you've heard me.

Now we have a weird scenario; thankfully, I'm not this stupid. Do you shoot me? I'm deaf, so even if you called out, I may not hear you, depending on whether or not I'm wearing my hearing aids, as well as the timbre of your voice. (note, unlike most intruders, I DO have a handicap). If you do, is it YOUR fault? Do I belong in your home, handicap or not?

Mr. P said:
I think that's pretty much how they feel also...They promote safe responsible gun ownership, handling and education too.

Well, cool. My original point was that that message isn't getting out to everyone, so it would be in their interest to dedicate a PR campaign to it. I'd actually like to be able to buy a rocket launcher for, umm, personal use. It'd make the post-Halloween pumpkin disposal much more entertaining.

The ClayTaurus said:
Well, cool. My original point was that that message isn't getting out to everyone, so it would be in their interest to dedicate a PR campaign to it. I'd actually like to be able to buy a rocket launcher for, umm, personal use. It'd make the post-Halloween pumpkin disposal much more entertaining.

Personally, I've never owned a gun, wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it. On the other hand, I'm all for conceal and carry, as the 'bad guys' haven't a clue to which of us do and don't.

I thank the framers for the 2nd amendment and will advocate for those that support it. I want all to fear to enter my abode without my permission. I'm also glad that those whom I grant permission, will wonder how far they can push.

The ClayTaurus said:
Good luck, I don't think a rocket launcher is legal but a .357 magnum is, and it'll do er. :2guns:

Forum List

Back