Florida's 'No Retreat' Home Invasion Law

archangel said:
The NRA lobbies for laws protecting "Legal" possession of firearms...They give classes on responsible ownership of same...as for stricter laws on "illegal"possession...well ya better address this to congress....however there are very strict laws on the books for "illegal" posession of same... so I do not really see your point on this!

It's not a silly comment. My point is, they very well may be doing all of that, but the average person doesn't know it. What I was trying to say is, the NRA's PR sucks. If you're holding gun responsibility classes and doing positive things to reduce irresponsible gun use, then it seems to make sense to let the average person know that. They'd catch less flack, in my opinion. I'm not questioning whether or not they do it because I think that they don't, I'm questioning because I have no idea.

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not a silly comment. My point is, they very well may be doing all of that, but the average person doesn't know it. What I was trying to say is, the NRA's PR sucks. If you're holding gun responsibility classes and doing positive things to reduce irresponsible gun use, then it seems to make sense to let the average person know that. They'd catch less flack, in my opinion. I'm not questioning whether or not they do it because I think that they don't, I'm questioning because I have no idea.

you are not the average person...the NRA has been doing great PR for decades now...if ya grew up in a lib environment...then I understand your situation and lack of knowledge on the subject! :)

archangel said:
you are not the average person...the NRA has been doing great PR for decades now...if ya grew up in a lib environment...then I understand your situation and lack of knowledge on the subject! :)

Show me the great PR. I've never seen a PSA from the NRA. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, if there's great PR I want to know how I missed it.

Mr. P said:
Then you mean "assault" weapons?

I mean weapons that are legal, the people who have them without permits... like having a car without registration... that sort of thing. I'm not trying to crack down on your desire to own a rocket launcher :)

The ClayTaurus said:
Show me the great PR. I've never seen a PSA from the NRA. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, if there's great PR I want to know how I missed it.

try letting 'your fingers do the walking'...like going to their web site would be a start! :whip:

archangel said:
try letting 'your fingers do the walking'...like going to their web site would be a start! :whip:

Let's try something a little better than a website. Websites haven't been around "for decades" either. What are you talking about when you say "great PR for decades."

The ClayTaurus said:
Let's try something a little better than a website. Websites haven't been around "for decades" either. What are you talking about when you say "great PR for decades."

their web site would be a good start...will bring you up to speed...you were not around decades ago.... :2guns:

archangel said:
their web site would be a good start...will bring you up to speed...you were not around decades ago.... :2guns:

Arch, I've been to the website. I wouldn't engage in this thread if I hadn't. Is that all you have to back up that statement?

The ClayTaurus said:
Arch, I've been to the website. I wouldn't engage in this thread if I hadn't. Is that all you have to back up that statement?

just about as much as you did to back up yours.....geez young'n

The ClayTaurus said:
I know I know, us youngbloods all want substantiated statements, sorry.

it's time for lunch...and no I won't pass ya a roll...you have a good job and can buy your own...maybe a little braut on a roll and a lite beer today...lol...bbl!

archangel said:
it's time for lunch...and no I won't pass ya a roll...you have a good job and can buy your own...maybe a little braut on a roll and a lite beer today...lol...bbl!

Cheers. Have a good lunch (not meant as anything other than good wishes)

The ClayTaurus said:
I mean weapons that are legal, the people who have them without permits... like having a car without registration... that sort of thing. I'm not trying to crack down on your desire to own a rocket launcher :)
Oh thoses..Like all the ones I do own that DON'T require a PERMIT.

Mr. P said:
Oh thoses..Like all the ones I do own that DON'T require a PERMIT.

If they don't require a permit, I don't care. I'm talking about guns which are in someone's possession illegally, permit or not.

The ClayTaurus said:
If they don't require a permit, I don't care. I'm talking about guns which are in someone's possession illegally, permit or not.

did ya not see the movie "Full Metal Jacket"? "My gun is for fun my pistol is to kill"...omg ya mean we guys need a permit for our illegal guns? If ya need a permit... then if ya have one it is "Legal"....geez :2guns:

The ClayTaurus said:
Sorry, I didn't mean illegal in that sense, I meant illegal as in "doesn't have a permit for it."

Make-up yer mind.

Now Illegal possession is different story.

Forum List

Back