Florida

Sent me my legal, valid, and well earned voter registration card.

I didn't even ask for it.

I had no idea what I'd done with my original MI voter registration card and then out of the blue I got a new one in the mail recently. No one asks for it though when I go to vote, but I do have to show a picture ID and my driver's license fulfills that requirement.

Same in Florida. We've always had to proudce a driver's license.

You must be White.

Now, you only need to be old-enough to vote.​

July 13, 2012

Jim Crow II
(Florida.....as usual)

"All Sabu Williams wanted to do on Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend was register voters.

One can imagine his surprise, then, when soon thereafter he received a letter from the state supervisor of elections threatening him with prosecution.

The letter claimed Williams, president of the Okaloosa County NAACP, had run afoul of Florida’s new voter suppression law, which was passed by the Republican-controlled legislature last year. The law cut the state’s early voting period in half and enacted a host of new requirements on voter registration groups, including that they must turn in completed forms within 48 hours exactly or face a fine. (The 48-hour rule has since been blocked by a federal judge.)

He soon received a letter from the state supervisor of elections. “We appreciate you going out and registering voters,” the letter read. “However, you were late for two of those and if you’re late anymore we’re going to turn this over to the Florida Department of Justice for prosecution.”

I had no idea what I'd done with my original MI voter registration card and then out of the blue I got a new one in the mail recently. No one asks for it though when I go to vote, but I do have to show a picture ID and my driver's license fulfills that requirement.

Michigan sent me one to that was nice of them are you a Republican? Maybe Synder just sent ours out lol jk

You must be White.

July 13, 2012

Jim Crow II
(Florida.....as usual)

"All Sabu Williams wanted to do on Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend was register voters.

One can imagine his surprise, then, when soon thereafter he received a letter from the state supervisor of elections threatening him with prosecution.

The letter claimed Williams, president of the Okaloosa County NAACP, had run afoul of Florida’s new voter suppression law, which was passed by the Republican-controlled legislature last year. The law cut the state’s early voting period in half and enacted a host of new requirements on voter registration groups, including that they must turn in completed forms within 48 hours exactly or face a fine. (The 48-hour rule has since been blocked by a federal judge.)

He soon received a letter from the state supervisor of elections. “We appreciate you going out and registering voters,” the letter read. “However, you were late for two of those and if you’re late anymore we’re going to turn this over to the Florida Department of Justice for prosecution.”

so you are implying Florida does not send them to Blacks and Hispanics?

Please.

You must be White.

July 13, 2012

Jim Crow II
(Florida.....as usual)

so you are implying Florida does not send them to Blacks and Hispanics?
I'd say that was more-than-obvious.

Hell.....it's FLORIDA!!!!

:eusa_eh:

What is it with old women grossly overestimating the degree to which the rest of us are interested in the excruciatingly boring minutiae of their day to day lives?

blah blah. i got up i ate oatmeal i pooped the cat is sick i got my voter registration in the mail blah blah.

:lol:

What is it with old women grossly overestimating the degree to which the rest of us are interested in the excruciatingly boring minutiae of their day to day lives?

blah blah. i got up i ate oatmeal i pooped the cat is sick i got my voter registration in the mail blah blah.

but here you are.. :lol::lol::lol:

yeah. jeez WillowTree..... :(

Forum List

Back