Florida Woman Saved

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 5stringJeff, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I disagree, I've read many stories on the suffering that occurs from dehydration. Read what this doctor has to say:

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1225682.html

Pay special attention to the lower portion of the article.

They sure are, thats totally absurd of them to want to exhaust every available option before putting their daughter to sleep like a dog at the kennel.

Tell us about your qualifications in the world of proper euthanasia. Until we see the actual credentials, you are stating an opinion exactly as we are.

It's obvious you are passionate about this subject, but you'll probably receive a better welcome if you don't make your first post ridiculing those who posted in the thread previously.

2. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Funny thing available to people today... its called

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

OH.. whoops... I guess if he does that, he wouldnt be entitled to any insurance, etc. Silly me... its MUCH easier to just starve her to death....

3. Joan

Joan Mommy Dearest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Oops - didn't I hear this lousy bastard already has a kid and another on the way with his girlfriend of 10 years or more?? Could he maybe use her life insurance money?

4. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't hear that one, but all makes more sense now! he should shack up with Scott Peterson!!!!

5. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I think I have to agree with Lissa on this one guys, although I wont take her ridiculing tone. If she is is a persistent vegative state...what kind of life does she have to look foward to?

How do they know if they arent allowed to visit?

What good is it to keep her alive if she has organ failure??

I havent read much on the subject..but I know if I were on this..especially after 10 yrs...PLEASE pull the tube!!!

It is harder when it is your child..but that is only for your greed..not the good of your child.

6. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as her family not being able to see her, it's in the news. Yes, it might be greed and selfish of a parent to want their child to live, but you know that's not an easy thing, but she is alive, her heart beating, breathing and her Dad took a video of her smiling, and looking at them! there was no where that it was stated that 100% without a doubt she could never come out of this! maybe it is selfish, but it's bad enough when we have to play God to put down an animal, how do you do that to your child??? If she were on a feeding tube and she died naturally on here own, that's one thing, but who is anybody to make the choice to let her STARVE! Sorry, I find it wrong and inhumane - but that's just my opinion.

7. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Just to clear up some of the stuff misunderstood... (and if someone heard different in the news, please correct me if I'm wrong... those closer to Florida would have more facts, I'm sure)

They were permitted to visit her up until her feeding tube was ordered by Gov. Bush to be reinserted, which was rather recent. It was AFTER they reinserted her feeding tube this last time that the husband refused to allow her family to visit.

Her organ failure was due to the feeding tube being removed. She was slowly starving to death, and her organs had begun to shut down due to starvation, not from the vegetative state.

One of the reports I've read showed a "good prognosis" from the doctors (this diagnosis was years ago) showing that some doctors believed that she, someday, could come out of this vegetative state.

On any "normal" given day, she can show reactions/emotions. She responds to people who visit, she shows signs of laughing, crying. She gets excited to see her parents. She is in there "somewhere". "Complete vegetative state" makes me think of someone comatose with a breathing machine and an artificial machine helping pump the heart, etc. I dont believe this to be that case.

As a mother, I can understand her parents wanting to do ANYTHING to prolong her life.

Anything is possible with this case....

Examples of other similar instances

8. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that bit of info.

Some could sit and say it's selfish, but I truly wonder if in that position as a Parent that they can without a doubt say it's selfish then, or be willing to stop the feeding.