Florida Woman Gunned Down by Stalker, Police Say

Ok....my comment.

Protective orders don't do shit.

Stalkers don't think the order applies to THEM. They continue to stalk, Protective Order or not.

The only way this young woman could have avoided her fate was a) to carry and get the drop on him first (and spend the rest of her life in jail for murder) or b) have a Security Guard 24/7 who got the drop on the stalker first (and would be believed it was a defensive move and would be exhonorated).

Something tells me this young woman didn't have the kind of cash it would take to have a 24/7 security detail. She was in a no-win situation. The BEST thing she could have done is leave the area and move back to Missouri where she was from in order to get away from this bastard. Not that he might not have followed her, he probably would have, but she might have been able to get away from him long enough he might have lost interest in her.

Stalkers are really creepy people. I had one once. I had to move secretly and be very careful about who had my adderess and phone number. It was a very scary time.

At any rate, if the stalker had been inside this woman's house and she shot him, she would be home free. You can shoot to kill in Florida once they're INSIDE your home. But NOT if they're on your porch or in your driveway or in a parking lot.

I know of someone in Florida whose house had been burglarized. He caught the burglars leaving with his stuff. They pulled a gun on him in the driveway, they shot at him and missed, he shot back and hit one of them in the kneecap.

He's now serving 10 years for Attempted Murder. Lost his house and everything else too. Strange laws in Florida.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back