Florida voters abolish greyhound racing, meaning thousands of dogs will soon need new homes in FLA

my heart breaks for animals more than it does for humans

Florida voters choose to phase out greyhound racing by 2021
Bravo to Florida!
Once when I worked the rigs, there was a shooting at a convenience store in our area, and the officer closest was a K-9 unit...chasing the (alleged) shooter thru some local woods. I'll never forget the shock when he blurted over the radio.."He shot my dog!". Up and down the county radio response was overwhelming with offers to send rigs to pick up the dog and get him to emergency. Not to mention the response from local, county and State cops all converging on that location. There's something about cruelty to animals that riles decency into action.

They got the shooter. He got life. The dog didn't make it.

That's a shame, but I think the real reason is that there are other things to gamble on nowadays.

Jai Alai and Craps offer quicker action for the gambling aficionado.

That's a shame, but I think the real reason is that there are other things to gamble on nowadays.

Jai Alai and Craps offer quicker action for the gambling aficionado.
I've never been a gambler or a risk taker, so I do not understand the urge. But I have heard that a working greyhound's life is not a very happy one, and that when youth and use are spent, they are euthanized unless they are lucky enough to get into one of those specific Greyhound rescue places.
However, I also confess I have always felt contempt for people who enjoy boxing too. Seeing crowds cheer the beating of a human or an animal sickens me. Professional wrestling is choreographed, so it's tolerable to me, but barely when I see the hurt-lust in the eyes of the audience.

Forum List

Back