Florida Turnout down 250,000

Well, it's not a flimsy justication...

I don't think the rich deserve more rights than the rest of us have... Not unless they have more obligations and we are going to give them nobel titles...

JoeB thinks that helping a friend looking for a missing daughter means they have more rights than other people :thup:

Whereas asking your wife for an open marriage is A-OK!

:thup:

why would you ask his wife for an open marriage?

I don't think the rich deserve more rights than the rest of us have... Not unless they have more obligations and we are going to give them nobel titles...

JoeB thinks that helping a friend looking for a missing daughter means they have more rights than other people :thup:

Whereas asking your wife for an open marriage is A-OK!

Well, it's really none of our business. And the woman probably deserved anyway. She didn't have the decency to go missing, or something.

Guy, you can dance around it all day.

Performance is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for what you are trying to acheive. I mean, I deal with managers who massage numbers all day, but the fact is, we aren't hitting goals.

You can blow smoke about how we got 1% more vote in this state than we got 4 years ago, but it's nowhere near a win...

so, now you've gone from, 'it's down in all but one state', to 'it's not good enough'.

Who the fuck are YOU to determine what is and is not good enough for the party you don't even belong to, dick-spittle?

1) I've been a Republican since 1980. I don't know what it's mutated into lately, and barely recognize it anymore, but that's still how I identify.

2) Not good enough is exactly that. Not good enough. Three states the GOP has to be competitive in. Bush won them, McCain didn't, and Romney has to do better than McCain- and so far, he hasn't in any of them, really.

What is needed is a lot of Democrats re-identifying as Republicans, not a lot of republicans saying, "Meh, do we have to get behind THIS guy?".

70% of Republicans really don't want Romney and never did. The fact they were even going to give a mutant like Herman Cain or a train wreck like Newt a look just says how awful Mittens is.

Even if you win the special olympics, you are still retarded.

RCP Twitter - @fivethirtyeight - GOP turnout in Florida will likely be just under 1.7m tonight, down from 1.95m in 2008. - 12/31/69.

Consider that. Except for SC (where Newt won) turnout in GOP primaries have been down in every state.

Keep in mind, the Romney winning math is (Everyone who voted for McCain) + (10% of Obama's vote switching side).

This number indicates he isn't likely to acheive either. People are just giving up. Not only is no one switching sides, a lot of Republicans who got excited in 2008 aren't even bothering to show up in 2012.

One of my friends sisters who lives in Florida told her she was sent away because she was a registered Independent, she was voting for Newt, curious what the polling was for independents...

That's a whoooooooooole lot different than saying you don't have a problem with a rich guy's daughter disappearing.

No, it isn't.

She disappeared because he was a crappy parent. Not because some evil bolshevik kidnapped her. He didn't know who her friends were or where she was going or what she was doing. And he didn't like the fact the police weren't treating it like the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, so Mittens shut down the company (really, what good did that accomplish again?) because, hey, when your rich, you look out for your own.

Now my parents, not rich. But if there were problems, they were all over that. If we were hanging out with unsavory types, they put a stop to that nonsense. I know, silly thing, being a parent. Most of it is just paying attention.

Right.

JoeAmpad, you make assumptions about a guy being a crappy parent while having zero knowledge of whether that is true or not, but a guy who asks his wife for an open marriage, well, you'll defend that to the end of the earth. If Gingrich dropped everything he did to look for a colleagues missing daughter and Romney was fucking his secretary on his desk while his wife was at home, we know what tune you'd be singing, because you are massively engaged in confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because you are so warped with hatred, you'll minimize all the good things Romney does and rationalize anything Gingrich does.

JoeB thinks that there is no difference between saying the rich have more rights and saying that he doesn't have a problem with a girl going missing.

No pushing ladies, I'm sure there's enough....more than enough....of JoeB to go around for each of you.

Guy, sorry, man, your kid disappearing because you are too busy screwing working folks to pay attention to her isn't my problem.

I have plenty of problems of my own.. most of them caused by people like that.

RCP Twitter - @fivethirtyeight - GOP turnout in Florida will likely be just under 1.7m tonight, down from 1.95m in 2008. - 12/31/69.

Consider that. Except for SC (where Newt won) turnout in GOP primaries have been down in every state.

Keep in mind, the Romney winning math is (Everyone who voted for McCain) + (10% of Obama's vote switching side).

This number indicates he isn't likely to acheive either. People are just giving up. Not only is no one switching sides, a lot of Republicans who got excited in 2008 aren't even bothering to show up in 2012.

One of my friends sisters who lives in Florida told her she was sent away because she was a registered Independent, she was voting for Newt, curious what the polling was for independents...

And three of the four Republican women in my office here in Florida said that under no circumstances would they vote for Gingrich.

JoeB thinks that there is no difference between saying the rich have more rights and saying that he doesn't have a problem with a girl going missing.

No pushing ladies, I'm sure there's enough....more than enough....of JoeB to go around for each of you.

Guy, sorry, man, your kid disappearing because you are too busy screwing working folks to pay attention to her isn't my problem.

haters-gonna-hate-canada-hockey.jpg

I guess you forgot about the record numbers showing up in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Or it could just be your intellectual dishonesty again :dunno:

Got any other deflections, spin or lies you wish to throw out there?

Except for SC, they weren't "record numbers".

Iowa caucus results: Record turnout
Iowa caucus results give both Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney big wins by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

New Hampshire sets state record for turnout in GOP primary
New Hampshire sets state record for turnout in GOP primary - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Any other deflections, lies or spin?

AMPAD

:lol:

Right.

JoeAmpad, you make assumptions about a guy being a crappy parent while having zero knowledge of whether that is true or not, but a guy who asks his wife for an open marriage, well, you'll defend that to the end of the earth. If Gingrich dropped everything he did to look for a colleagues missing daughter and Romney was fucking his secretary on his desk while his wife was at home, we know what tune you'd be singing, because you are massively engaged in confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias -if Toro keeps saying it, someone might think he's smart

Because you are so warped with hatred, you'll minimize all the good things Romney does and rationalize anything Gingrich does.

The Good things Romney has done? Doesn't erase the bad, really. It's like saying Mussolini got the trains running on time.

He helped one rich asshole find a stoned daughter, and put thousands of people out of good paying jobs. Sorry if I can't see one good thing erasing all the bad.

Now, Newt was a shitty husband, but maybe Marianne was a shitty wife. So that's ONE person he's wronged. But the things he did in Congress benefited millions of people. So I kind of look at the total picture.

But let's say that tomorrow, Romney's Filipina Maid comes out and says he fathered her love child.... Somehow, I don't think you'll be demanding he step aside for the sake of decency.

For the record, when I think an anti-Romney argument is stupid, I'll say so. I'm amazed by the people who go apeshit over strapping the stupid dog to the roof. being a bad pet owner isn't that big of a deal to me.

And three of the four Republican women in my office here in Florida said that under no circumstances would they vote for Gingrich.

I've talked to several independent women at my office who told me that Mitt Romney totally creeps them out...

Wasn't he supposed to win over the "independents". I mean, wasn't that the reason to sell out all the other principles that didn't involve douchebags getting richer, because he could win over those independents?

Because they sure as hell aren't showing up at the primaries.

no worries here...............

Voters are going to turn out in droves to give this fraud the boot in November.

Will they?

How many Obama supporters have you talked to who have said, "Man, I can't wait to vote for Romney?" I haven't met one yet.

How many McCain supporters do you know who won't vote for Romney? I know I won't.

Getting rid of incumbants is hard. It involves some serious moving of the electorate.

And when you can't even get enthusastic participation in primaries, the electorate isn't moving all that much.

In our entire history, we've returned 21 incumbants to office while only voting out 10*. By way of comparison, 8 presidents have died in office.

(*- The above number is generous, as Garfield won in 1888 with the popular vote, and was voted back in. Harrison shouldn't really count.

John Quincy Adams also lost the popular vote, and was voted out next election.

Ford was barely an incumbant at all, given he was never on a national ticket.

So if you take out Garfeild , Harrison, Adams and Ford, you are really down to six incumbants where the electorate changed their minds. - John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Van Buren, Taft, Hoover, Carter, and Bush-41)

Earlier he said the rich guy "deserved" to have his daughter go missing, because he "probably" shut down a company and fired a lot of people.

Outstanding.

His bigotry knows no bounds. Even when it comes to using a missing girl to justify it :thup:

But remember, he's a "Republican!"
I don't know how his shutting down the company to search for the girl reflects on his fitness to be president. If that is the standard, I think every reasonable person would agree that President Obama would do the same thing. So that's a wash.

I think it speaks well of Romney's genuine personal character. I think every reasonable person would say that Mitt Romney is a nice man. Jimmy Carter was a nice man.

That said, I think he is also able to compartmentalize, and rationalize hundreds of employees being laid off due to his actions as "just business".

And that's the problem.

Mitt is the guy they pick in a boardroom. He hasn't won the loyalty of the rank and file and probably never will. There will be the people who insanely hate Obama who will become loyalists. Shit, we even had Ann Coulter defending RomneyCare this week, that's the level of rationalization the Obama-haters will go to in order to justify supporting Romney.

Doesn't stand for anything, but polls say he's "electable". Except that in states where he wins, you had to get voters out of their chairs with a crobar.

duh

:rofl:

Forum List

Back