Florida trip

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Here are a couple of pics from our trip to Disney World, Universal Studios Park, and the Kennedy Space Center.

Our daughter's Marching band marched in the Disney night-time parade.

Orlando2006016.jpg

The rocket garden pics were from the Kennedy Space Center. My husband and I took off for there one day.
Much more my type of thing than Disney. Very cool.

Orlando2006001.jpg

Orlando2006007.jpg

The Space Center is VERY cool. I was about 14 when I went there... same age as your daughter! :)

Great pics Ab! I love rockets. I joined the Air Force with guaranteed electronics, but had to decide quick once I hit basic between instruments/flight controls, and missiles. Missles I learned later is the toughest, and longest, tech school the Air Force has, with instruments/flight controls being second. I almost wish I'd have taken missles. I wonder if I'd be doing the same thing I am now had I done that.

In any case... I notice you and your hubby are conspicuously missing from the pictures... ;)

I was shocked to see how small the Mercury capsule John Glenn flew in is. I saw it at the Smithsonian while Glenn was in orbit on the shuttle.

sitarro said:
I was shocked to see how small the Mercury capsule John Glenn flew in is. I saw it at the Smithsonian while Glenn was in orbit on the shuttle.

Those were some brave men.

Btw, if anyone here should go to the KSC, you must see the IMAX 3D film about the lunar landings. It is amazing. I suppose they may be seen at other IMAX theaters at times, too? This is not your father's 3D!

Abbey Normal said:
....The rocket garden pics were from the Kennedy Space Center....
What? No men in uniform? :(

Glad you had a good & safe time!

Forum List

Back