Florida`s safe- schools officers off to a rough start

There's no problem with arming school employees. None whatsoever.

There are a lot of states that already arm staff....no problems there....

Here’s all the states where teachers already carry guns in the classroom
------------

Pistol-Packing Teachers Becoming More Common in Arkansas

HEBER SPRINGS, ARKANSAS —

Dale Cresswell keeps his gun on his hip at all times: in his classroom, at sporting events, whenever he’s at school.

Cresswell, head coach to the senior boys’ track and cross-country teams, is one of a small, but growing group of teachers around the United States who are volunteering to carry a weapon. His employer, Heber Springs School District, just came online this semester.

“It was a no-brainer. I have a daughter still in school,” said Cresswell of his decision, acknowledging that he might know any potential shooter. “I see it as, I’m protecting more than one person. I’m protecting all the other students.”

Tests and training

In order to qualify, Cresswell and other faculty, including administrators and IT professionals who can move around more easily, underwent background checks and psychological tests. They continue to go through rigorous training.

“I know that last summer there was a big movement here. We were fortunate that we had made the decision early, and we were able to secure trainers and get our time slot locked in,” said Heber Springs School District Superintendent Alan Stauffacher, noting that some other schools are “struggling” to get set up.

A semester in, the novelty of Cresswell carrying a weapon has worn off. He said that when asked, the students tell him they don’t even notice his gun anymore.

----

A study published by Vice News in March found that at least 14 of the 50 states arm teachers and another 16 allow local school boards to decide on the issue.

There are 2 safety officers at our schools. Both retired deputies. They also direct the school traffic at peak times, both enjoy their jobs.

Kenneth Trump? Hmmm.

Sexting on duty, a misfired gun and an unsecured firearm: Notifications reveal Florida’s safe-school officer mishaps

But for Kenneth Trump, a school safety consultant, those notifications raise a question that leaders should be asking themselves: Do enough qualified armed guards exist to meet the state’s mandate that a “good guy with a gun” be stationed on every campus?

You don't have to have armed employees.....simply end gun free school zones, and allow normal guns owners with their legal guns to enter and leave the school building as they normally would......by ending the gun free status, you take away the desirability of that school as a target. Mass public shooters are not looking for a gun fight, they are looking for easy victims. With the Church shooting video where the armed citizen stopped the shooter in 5 seconds, those planning future mass public shootings have even less incentive to attack buildings that are not gun free zones.

There are a lot of states that already arm staff....no problems there....

Here’s all the states where teachers already carry guns in the classroom
------------

Pistol-Packing Teachers Becoming More Common in Arkansas

HEBER SPRINGS, ARKANSAS —

Dale Cresswell keeps his gun on his hip at all times: in his classroom, at sporting events, whenever he’s at school.

Cresswell, head coach to the senior boys’ track and cross-country teams, is one of a small, but growing group of teachers around the United States who are volunteering to carry a weapon. His employer, Heber Springs School District, just came online this semester.

“It was a no-brainer. I have a daughter still in school,” said Cresswell of his decision, acknowledging that he might know any potential shooter. “I see it as, I’m protecting more than one person. I’m protecting all the other students.”

Tests and training

In order to qualify, Cresswell and other faculty, including administrators and IT professionals who can move around more easily, underwent background checks and psychological tests. They continue to go through rigorous training.

“I know that last summer there was a big movement here. We were fortunate that we had made the decision early, and we were able to secure trainers and get our time slot locked in,” said Heber Springs School District Superintendent Alan Stauffacher, noting that some other schools are “struggling” to get set up.

A semester in, the novelty of Cresswell carrying a weapon has worn off. He said that when asked, the students tell him they don’t even notice his gun anymore.

----

A study published by Vice News in March found that at least 14 of the 50 states arm teachers and another 16 allow local school boards to decide on the issue.

Hell when I was going to school a lot of the kids were packing. At least half the cars in the school parking lot had gun racks with guns in them. We sometimes even brought guns to show and tell and that was the fifth grade in grammar school. Everyone had guns and everyone knew how to handle them and how to shoot. Guns and ammo was sold in every hardware store around and most country stores sold ammo. I collected pop bottles and used the money to buy ammo. Guns were just a part of normal every day life. A lot of kids including myself got their first real gun at age 12 for either their birthday or Christmas, some earlier than that.
If some shit for brains had tried to shoot up my high school, he'd have been shot six different times by six different people before he could have gotten off the school grounds and he would have never escaped with his life.

Last edited:
We can't expect professional work ethic on the heals of a black president who excused that type of behavior.

I don't believe that police officers should be in schools at all.

If this is the best you have on it, i have to agree. Not one person has been hurt. Weve seen far more problems from teachers.

I say green light this nation wide.

‘Good guy with a gun’ is a myth – and programs to place inexperienced, unqualified armed individuals in public schools is reckless and irresponsible.

And what you just posted is a lie.......

The Centers for Disease Control research shows that Americans use their legal guns for self defense, on average, 1.1 million times a year.....

As to mass public shootings? When normal Americans have their legal guns with them?

and that you could post what you just posted after the Texas Church shooting where you have actual video of an armed citizen ending a mass public shooting in 5 seconds? Shows how dishonest you are....

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

BREAKING: Man Opens Fire At Oklahoma Walmart, Confronted By Armed Citizen, Report Says

Two people were killed at a Walmart in Oklahoma by a man who opened fire in the parking lot on Monday before turning the weapon on himself after an armed citizen confronted him.
------

The assailant, who has not yet been identified, shot and killed a man and a woman in the parking lot and when he was “confronted by an armed citizen, he then turned the gun on himself,” The Daily Mail reported.

Forum List

Back