Florida Republican leaders drawing up Arizona-styled anti-immigrant legislation

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
Florida Republican leaders have begun crafting anti-illegal-immigrant legislation modeled after an Arizona law that has incited widespread protests and fueled national and international debate over U.S. immigration policies.

Under the proposed bill, police would have broad power under state law to ask suspects for proof of legal residency, said Rep. William Snyder, a Republican from Stuart who plans to introduce the legislation in November.

"We have significant components from the Arizona bill that I plan to incorporate," he said. "We have the beginnings of it."

The effort, which would be filed for consideration during the March legislative session, is already drawing broad support within the GOP. :clap2:

Florida Republican leaders drawing up Arizona-styled anti-immigrant legislation - St. Petersburg Times

But he vowed his final draft would apply equally to all illegal immigrants, regardless of skin color or ethnicity. "I've never in my 32 years been accused of using the 'N' word or being racially motivated," he said. "No one who knows me would say I have a racist bone in my body."
That means all of us will have to carry proof of citizenship and if we don't the cops can arrest us.

Lovely.

It will be interesting to see how it goes here in Arizona once it goes into effect. From past experiences I'm a little apprehensive. If after 3 years Hispanics haven't come out of this with a few million bucks in legal settlements paid to them then I'll say the law is a success.

Bottom line...we need to stop the flow. Once that happens, hopefully, a mass/mandatory exodus will be arranged for ALL the ILLegals.

No Constitutional issues there at all for the local wingnuts.

you know Rocks if you lived in a State that had problems with too many Illegals being there you might have a different viewpoint.....all this shit is being done to HOPEFULLY, make all those sonsofbitches in DC get up off their asses and do something about this......and dont give me all that Republican/Democrat bullshit....there are Liberals in my State who are hoping California would join with the other States doing this.....but my State has basically been absorbed by the Collective known as the Mexiborg with help from the parasites known as the Rdeanaligs....an alien parasite from another world that takes over the human mind....California is gone...dont let your State be next...

why didn't you say anti ILLEGAL immigrant in the title, TC? Didn't think we'd catch on to your biased bullshit? Get the fuck out.

Forum List

Back