Florida Man Invokes ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law After Shooting Fellow Pizza Customer

But the men were in a scuffle...it's not as if the other guy had a weapon (as far as what is being told by botched media) not to mention they were in a public place..a stray bullet had penetrated a wall...what if that stray bullet hit an innocent bystander? Is that still justified as "stand your ground"?
Like I stated above, I am all for stand your ground...I'll nail any ass between the eyes if my life or my childrens lives were in absolute danger...but, this guy? Was his life really in danger?
Comments on the Tampa newspaper story claim the perp was upset that someone was using foul language around an old lady.

Like I said, there are a lot of stupid people in Floriduh with guns.
There are a lot of stupid people in Florida and all other states, but it's not at all clear whom you're referring too. Ordinarily, I would think that someone using foul language in front of an elderly woman might be regarded as stupid enough to elicit a response, but then as you said, there are a lot of stupid people.
You'd shoot someone that cursed in front of an old lady?

I'm not. I read the story.

The article reported it as a fact...

"White raised a fist. Jock, a concealed-weapons permit holder, pulled out a .38 Taurus Ultralight Special Revolver."

It doesn't say "Jock claimed", or "according to Jock".

Do you really think you have the right to shoot someone who might punch you.

Yes.

You threaten me with violence, I have the right to protect myself.

You guys on the right are real pussies, afraid to either mix it up in a fight or simply walk away. That is why you are not over here on the left with real men.

Yes.

with deadly force over a raised fist? no, you don't have that right.

Of course I do.

You could be killed with one punch...or knocked unconscious limiting your ability to defend yourself from a fatal beating.

Don't be foolish...the man who raised his fist is the one in the wrong...period.

This will stand up in court every time.

Last edited:

Yes.

You guys on the right are real pussies, afraid to either mix it up in a fight or simply walk away. That is why you are not over here on the left with real men.

oh boy, all he said is "we have" a right to shoot if they threaten violence not that HE WOULD shoot and you come up WITH THIS..

you go ahead and turn you back on someone threatening you and simply walk away, if that makes you a REAL MAN

good luck

Yes.

If you can't control your temper, you are no real man.

Once you threaten me with violence, you are in the wrong.

Do you, "real man", go around threatening to beat people like a savage anytime you don't like what they say?

I mean, is that the textbook definition of a "real man on the left"?

Defend that, "real man".

Last edited:
Comments on the Tampa newspaper story claim the perp was upset that someone was using foul language around an old lady.

Like I said, there are a lot of stupid people in Floriduh with guns.
There are a lot of stupid people in Florida and all other states, but it's not at all clear whom you're referring too. Ordinarily, I would think that someone using foul language in front of an elderly woman might be regarded as stupid enough to elicit a response, but then as you said, there are a lot of stupid people.
No, I would not. On the other hand I might object to someone being profane in front of an old lady and I might shoot someone if I felt threatened and was armed. Neither of these seem terribly stupid to me. Anyway, that was not my point. I was interested in whom you regarded as stupid.

Again, there would be no question to me unless, as you said, there are a lot of stupid people about.

No, I would not. On the other hand I might object to someone being profane in front of an old lady and I might shoot someone if I felt threatened and was armed. Neither of these seem terribly stupid to me. Anyway, that was not my point. I was interested in whom you regarded as stupid.

Again, there would be no question to me unless, as you said, there are a lot of stupid people about.
The guy with the gun. From the stories published, he was in no danger and he originally lied to the cops. IMO, he is stupid.

Florida is full of stupid people with guns. Plan your vacation elsewhere.

Which would probably do more to get the law adjusted than any other action.

BIG tourist industry down there. "Well, I'd LOVE to bring the kids to Epcot, but don't wanna get killed while standing in line to get on a ride."

The guy with the gun. From the stories published, he was in no danger and he originally lied to the cops. IMO, he is stupid.
You, apparently have more information than I. If he did indeed lie, I would have to agree with you. I have not found that in anything this thread linked.

From what I have understood, two stupid people happened to be standing in a line when one instigated an exchange that led to one physically threatening the other. I don't know. If you have any further information, please link it.

Yes.

If you can't control your temper, you are no real man.

Once you threaten me with violence, you are in the wrong.

Do you, "real man", go around threatening to beat people like a savage anytime you don't like what they say?

I mean, is that the textbook definition of a "real man on the left"?

Defend that, "real man".

Broke back Mountain is making a lot more sense now.

BIG tourist industry down there. "Well, I'd LOVE to bring the kids to Epcot, but don't wanna get killed while standing in line to get on a ride."

Yep. I've been telling everyone for the last six months or so that Florida is not a good place for a vacation. I hope more people do the same.

Yes.

No, of course you don't. That's a no brainer. But maybe that explains the source.

People that think this way are exactly the problem: responding to a perceived human thread with firearm technology. It doesn't get any more pissant cowardly than that. This was Jovan Belcher's thinking. No doubt it was Jim David Adkisson's thinking and Scott Roeder's thinking and for that matter Adam Lanza's and James Holmes' thinking any so forth. All you have to do is decide "hey, there's a threat" and then blast away.

Coward.

It's as bad as the guy setting fire to Denneys because he didn't get his bill fast enough.

You, apparently have more information than I. If he did indeed lie, I would have to agree with you. I have not found that in anything this thread linked.

From what I have understood, two stupid people happened to be standing in a line when one instigated an exchange that led to one physically threatening the other. I don't know. If you have any further information, please link it.

Post #7

He mentioned that he thought White had an object in his hand, then backed off that when officers pressed him

Yes.

Of course I do.

You could be killed with one punch...or knocked unconscious limiting your ability to defend yourself from a fatal beating.

Don't be foolish...the man who raised his fist is the one in the wrong...period.

This will stand up in court every time.
Never has. Self defense has ALWAYS held the caveat of reasonable force to defend yourself. Escalation of force forfeits your right to self defense and switches self defense to the other person.

It's basic criminal law: you do not have the right to self defense if you're the aggressor. You lose any right to self defense if you escalate the level of force. You lose the right to self defense if the aggressor stops and/or tries to leave and you continue and/or pursue.

What the Stand Your Ground law does is remove any necessity that you try to exit the situation. It gives you the right to fight back with reasonable level of force.

A gun versus fist (that hasn't even hit you yet) is not reasonable.

Yep. I've been telling everyone for the last six months or so that Florida is not a good place for a vacation. I hope more people do the same.

yeah, they should go to Detroit or somewhere like that..you live in florida you should move it's so bad..Or you are just a hero savior?

Post #7

He mentioned that he thought White had an object in his hand, then backed off that when officers pressed him
We read the same thing. Perhaps you forgot this?

Police said the incident unfolded about 4 p.m. inside the Little Caesars, 3463 Fourth St. N, after Randall White, 49, got mad about his service.

Another man in line, Michael Jock, 52, of St. Petersburg admonished White.

That "prompted them to exchange words and it became a shoving match," said police spokesman Mike Puetz.

White raised a fist...

Chicken shit needed his gun for comfort to go order a pizza. Maybe he thought the revolution was going to start and he'd need to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights.

You shoot an unarmed man......you are a pussy.

yeah, they should go to Detroit or somewhere like that..you live in florida you should move it's so bad..Or you are just a hero savior?
Why don't you move out of the US?

Forum List

Back