Florida Loses $2.4 Billion For High-Speed Trains

Oh, I see: jokes about Democratic ground-breakers like Nancy Pelosi or Helen Thomas or Hillary Clinton are fine, but don't make fun of the unindicted felon in Florida's governor's mansion.

Is that another of those 'conservative values' I hear so much about?

Pelosi is a ground breaker?......she stuck a flag in your ass i see.....the only thing ground breaking about her is she got many Democrats to move away from being associated with her.....

Hell, yes! Are you that blinded by partisanship?

She's the first woman Speaker Of The House! That's ground-breaking.

Helen Thomas: succeeded during a time of overwhelming male dominance in her field. That's ground-breaking.

Hillary Clinton: Went from First Lady to Senator of New York to Secretary Of State. That's ground-breaking.

All good except that The Hidebeast was ground-breaking in the fact that SHE was the first woman Carpet-Bagger Senator...

Oh, I see: jokes about Democratic ground-breakers like Nancy Pelosi or Helen Thomas or Hillary Clinton are fine, but don't make fun of the unindicted felon in Florida's governor's mansion.

That doesn't cut any ice with me,pal. Your mainstream media operatives have made the trashing of conservatives into their numberone pastime.
Groundbreakers? You must be fucking kidding me. The people you mentioned are just died in the wool liberals.
Stay on point. High speed rail...got it?

Un-indicted felons are died in the wool conservatives.
Then why do convicted criminals, if they get their right to vote back most often vote democrat?

That doesn't cut any ice with me,pal. Your mainstream media operatives have made the trashing of conservatives into their numberone pastime.
Groundbreakers? You must be fucking kidding me. The people you mentioned are just died in the wool liberals.

that's all you can come up with?
Do you have an attention disorder? I just got through telling you to stay on point. Now, high speed rail or go hoe your flower beds. You're wasting everyone's time here with your vapidity.

Smart move Florida !!!
You avoided a boondogle if it had worked out like our light rail in Houston.
Price per mile started at 46 million per MILE !!!!! Thats right 46 Mili per mile !!!!!
That was in 1999....two short years later it went to 70 million per mile !!!!!
At this point the tax payers went apeshit !!! But no need to worry said Metro, it will pay for itself.
Pay for itself?? Yeah right. As of now ridership pays for 1/3 of operating cost !!
And this going to pay for it how ?
We took the train to a Texans game (after driving 25 miles)just to see what all the hoopla was about. Well let me say this,the train was actually pretty cool. But as we took the trip to the stadiun I noticed people getting on and off the train without a ticket.
I'm thinking to myself....i'm a newb at this public transpo thing I must be missing something.
Come to find out later that the train works on the honor system !!!! WTF You run a train through the inner city and expect honor?
All brought to you by our liberal mayors.....Like I said smart move Florida !!!!

Try $100 million per mile..That's right. Charlotte, NC's 10 mile light rail system cost ONE BILLION DOLLARS...While ridership has come within 20% of the initial estimates, the rail line comes no where near paying for itself. in fact it heavily subsidized by a one cent sales tax, federal grants and the state siphons money from the state highway fund to pay off the debt. Nonsense.

Smart move Florida !!!
You avoided a boondogle if it had worked out like our light rail in Houston.
Price per mile started at 46 million per MILE !!!!! Thats right 46 Mili per mile !!!!!
That was in 1999....two short years later it went to 70 million per mile !!!!!
At this point the tax payers went apeshit !!! But no need to worry said Metro, it will pay for itself.
Pay for itself?? Yeah right. As of now ridership pays for 1/3 of operating cost !!
And this going to pay for it how ?
We took the train to a Texans game (after driving 25 miles)just to see what all the hoopla was about. Well let me say this,the train was actually pretty cool. But as we took the trip to the stadiun I noticed people getting on and off the train without a ticket.
I'm thinking to myself....i'm a newb at this public transpo thing I must be missing something.
Come to find out later that the train works on the honor system !!!! WTF You run a train through the inner city and expect honor?
All brought to you by our liberal mayors.....Like I said smart move Florida !!!!

Try $100 million per mile..That's right. Charlotte, NC's 10 mile light rail system cost ONE BILLION DOLLARS...While ridership has come within 20% of the initial estimates, the rail line comes no where near paying for itself. in fact it heavily subsidized by a one cent sales tax, federal grants and the state siphons money from the state highway fund to pay off the debt. Nonsense.

Damn !! And I thought we were getting screwed !!!! But at least you came within 20% of expected ridership. :lol: We never got close.
The part that really got me was the honor system BS ! Did they really think they could run a train through the inner city and expect people to pay on the "honor system"?
Or did they know damn good and well that they were going to give a free ride to the underprivileged(see lazy and dishonest)riders?

Speaker Pelosi didn't alienate anyone on the Left.

like i said earlier.....she stuck a flag in your ass.....there are threads in here with many a Liberal here saying she should be removed or just saying she dont speak for them....does having that flag in your ass bother you when you sit down?.....

like i said earlier.....she stuck a flag in your ass.....there are threads in here with many a Liberal here saying she should be removed or just saying she dont speak for them....does having that flag in your ass bother you when you sit down?.....
Really? Produce a few.

Speaker Pelosi is widely respected on the Left for being the only one looking out for Liberal interests in the Democratic Leadership.

that's all you can come up with?
Do you have an attention disorder? I just got through telling you to stay on point. Now, high speed rail or go hoe your flower beds. You're wasting everyone's time here with your vapidity.
Who gives a fuck about you? :lol:

Really? Produce a few.

Speaker Pelosi is widely respected on the Left for being the only one looking out for Liberal interests in the Democratic Leadership.

Really? Produce a few.

:lol:.....yea i will go through a few hundred posts from last Summer......dont play Stupid Synth....the Posts were here and many of your fellow Leftist said she should be replaced....and im more than sure you were in some of them....like i said.....you have a nice big flag with Pelosi's face sticking out of your ass....

Really? Produce a few.

Really? Produce a few.

:lol:.....yea i will go through a few hundred posts from last Summer......dont play Stupid Synth....the Posts were here and many of your fellow Leftist said she should be replaced....and im more than sure you were in some of them....like i said.....you have a nice big flag with Pelosi's face sticking out of your ass....
Well, let's find out.

Saw Rick Scott addressing the ARC Of Florida's annual Legislative rally in the Capital Courtyard yesterday:

2wrj4gz.jpg

As soon as he finished, the chorus of chants started, yelling "no more cuts!"

It's gotta suck when you have a few hundred retarded people telling you that you suck!

I give Scott props for even showing up, though. Crist did not make one appearance in years past, and of course Jeb didn't, either.

Forum List

Back