Florida Leads The Way...

100% agree either your solution or make every contribution to anything a material cost. Now management just steals money in order to screw the owners.

I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't.

Corporate governance in this country is just awful.

Corporate Governance is PRIVATE...you remain WRONG...

Oh what BULLCRUD Charles....

the share holders OWN THE CORPORATION, for goodness sakes.....!

sheesh!

Exactly.

But the owners of the company should have zero say on how their money is spent politically.

WRONG...they have EVERY SAY as to how money is spent...

lol

Really? Well then, show me a single law in any state which gives shareholders the right to direct how their money is spent for political purposes. Just one.

100% agree either your solution or make every contribution to anything a material cost. Now management just steals money in order to screw the owners.

Ben Graham and to a lesser extent Warren Buffet have labored in vain. As to political contributions by unions I want the same rules to apply right down the line. The one really bad aspect of unions is that instead of bribing both major parties like corporations do they choose sides.

This is where you are very confused.

By definition, corporations are a creation of the public will. All corporations are defined by the articles of association which incorporate businesses in each state passed by laws in state legislatures. The articles of association spell out the rules by which businesses operate and are structured. They define the rights of shareholders and their agents. Some states give more power to shareholders, some give less. Shareholder rights are very weak in America. I've been involved in enough proxy fights to know this. Giving shareholders say over how their money is used politically would give more power to shareholders.

Exactly.

But the owners of the company should have zero say on how their money is spent politically.

WRONG...they have EVERY SAY as to how money is spent...

lol

Really? Well then, show me a single law in any state which gives shareholders the right to direct how their money is spent for political purposes. Just one.
Or for museums, charities, country club memberships ad infinitum. It's one thing to hire lobbyists to lubricate politicians with booze and broads (boys?) for better profits but quite another to get special laws passed to protect management from their own malfeance and misfeance. That prohibition should definitely be passed here in FL.

Ben Graham and to a lesser extent Warren Buffet have labored in vain. As to political contributions by unions I want the same rules to apply right down the line. The one really bad aspect of unions is that instead of bribing both major parties like corporations do they choose sides.

I know. I just want consistency. Apparently, some here don't.

America's corporate governance is terrible. Shareholders have few rights. I've looked at various corporate governance structures around the world, and the best for shareholders, by far, is in Sweden.

The Swedish Corporate Governance Board

In Scandinavia, if there is a shitty CEO, you can get of him in a heartbeat. Here in America, a shitty CEO can remain around for years, bleeding shareholders dry if he's stacked the board with his cronies.

This is where you are very confused.

By definition, corporations are a creation of the public will. All corporations are defined by the articles of association which incorporate businesses in each state passed by laws in state legislatures. The articles of association spell out the rules by which businesses operate and are structured. They define the rights of shareholders and their agents. Some states give more power to shareholders, some give less. Shareholder rights are very weak in America. I've been involved in enough proxy fights to know this. Giving shareholders say over how their money is used politically would give more power to shareholders.

However...you try to Define Corporate Governance by what is written for GOVRENMENT...

Doesn't work...

*SORRY*

You speak apples and Sewers...

*NOT THE SAME*

Find another GIG Toro...

However...you try to Define Corporate Governance by what is written for GOVRENMENT...

Doesn't work...

*SORRY*

*NOT THE SAME*

Find another GIG Toro...

lol

Yes. Yes you do define corporate governance by government. Corporations only exist by government fiat. Governments pass the laws by which companies are structured and how they will operate.

You should learn something about this before commenting.

Doesn't work...

*SORRY*

*NOT THE SAME*

Find another GIG Toro...

lol

Yes. Yes you do define corporate governance by government. Corporations only exist by government fiat. Governments pass the laws by which companies are structured and how they will operate.

You should learn something about this before commenting.

NO they don't. YOU are an IDIOT. Government has ZERO to do with it. And if YOU think it does? YOU are a fucking DOPE.

Last edited:
Florida has always been a backward state with a poor standard of living, subpar education, and the slowest recovery time from down turns.

But hey! We now have a governor who owns the company that will drug test state workers and welfare recipients and he stands to make a lot of money doing it after he signs the legislation requiring it.

Florida has always been a backward state with a poor standard of living, subpar education, and the slowest recovery time from down turns.

But hey! We now have a governor who owns the company that will drug test state workers and welfare recipients and he stands to make a lot of money doing it after he signs the legislation requiring it.

YOU don't Live here in Florida DO You RAVIOLI?

*I* didn't THINK SO.

FUCKOFF

Forum List

Back