Florida Leads The Way...

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
As a 'RIGHT TO WORK STATE'...Against Unions...

Florida House votes to ban automatic payroll deductions of union dues

And as an added BONUS? Unions must ASK for permission to use Union DUES to back Political Candidates...

'Bout time...and I applaud Florida Republicans for leading the way.

:clap2:

Let us hope that common sense Legislators in the remaining 49 pick up on the vibe...Florida is becoming HOSTILE TERRITORY for UNIONS.

and these measures for the WORKER'S union should be made by big gvt, instead of the union members themselves?

please explain WHY you think government should make the rules for them, and their group?

and these measures for the WORKER'S union should be made by big gvt, instead of the union members themselves?

please explain WHY you think government should make the rules for them, and their group?

Because Government workers have better things to do than to Make deductions to embellish UNION bank accounts...in other words?

Let the Individual member write the check...maybe...just maybe they will see how LARGE a chucnk outta their income it is and tell the Unions to go screw themselves.

And Oddball had it correct as well when he stated it should happen for individual citizens to write out their taxes on a monthly basis in the form of a check so they can see how much they are being SCREWED...outta sight outta mind...

it should not be up to our gvt on how these members decide to run their own private groups, it should be up to the groups themselves, PERIOD.

the gvt has not been given the power under the constitution to do this to these joined citizens....

the gvt has been limited via our constitution on these type of things imho!

from the article

Local union leaders say their members’ dues aren’t used for political activity. Instead, their members have the option of contributing to separate political action committees.

Supporters of the bill said government shouldn’t be in the businesses of collecting money that would be used for political purposes. The technology exists, they said, for unions to collect dues on their own through online banking and other means.

Bingo.

If they want to do it, then have a check automatically drafted from your account every month. Same end result to the union member.

The government should not collect the fees to then turn them over to the unions.

from the article

Local union leaders say their members’ dues aren’t used for political activity. Instead, their members have the option of contributing to separate political action committees.

Except one union leader said it does exactly that. Also from the article:

“We’re going to sue the hell out of them,” said Jeff McAdams, an FOP union president out of the Gainesville area. “Why? Because this is clearly, blatantly unconstitutional because they are only targeting unions. Why? I’ve been in meetings with some folks who are saying we’ve got to stop the Democrats from having this source of income to fund their campaigns, and the union dues go that route."

from the article

And NOR should they...

If HB1021 becomes law, local union leaders said it could make collecting dues more difficult, and could have a “chilling effect” on membership.

Then the Unions should take a chill pill...It's going down along with their membership.

And I don't mind telling you folks that I work with Union workers...on the surface they are no different than I am...but they operate on different RULES than I do...

Glad to see that the Florida legislature brought them UP to *MY* level...where they too have to justify their Jobs...their existance in the Job Market...and un politically.

They don't like it? Tough shit. As Obama told the Republicans before 2010?

You lost...you're welcome to sit in the back of the bus...

Last edited:
Pardon me repeating myself but the DNC has misapplied their funds in every year ending in 9 or 0 for at least the last five reapportionments. Ultra safe Dem seats that elect radicals such as Pelosi, Rangel and (insert your favorite loony left here) are making the despised GOP the default party in American politics. That someone like Obama could win in a general election despite associations with communists, the mob dominated Chicago political machine and no executive experience definitely shows the general disgust with the wide open corruption of the GOP. The emergence of the Tea Party is another sign of this.

I really don't think the GOP will long survive as a major party their assistance in the political suicide of the Jackass party.

I think that Union dues should be voluntary, donations. I think all Government Employee's should pay a special Government Employee Tax, too. ;)

I think that Union dues should be voluntary, donations. I think all Government Employee's should pay a special Government Employee Tax, too. ;)

if you were a member of their union, then you could rally the members to vote on such.

otherwise, we should not have a say in what they decide to do for themselves imo.

the gvt already offers to electronically transfer their paychecks to their Checking accounts and they also offer to split off part of their checks and transfer it to their savings account....and they probably offer to split off some of their money to go in to a Christmas savings account, and they also offer to deposit their money in to a 401k account....is it only the bankers that our gvt is willing to do such for? If so, then why?

if you were a member of their union, then you could rally the members to vote on such.

otherwise, we should not have a say in what they decide to do for themselves imo.

the gvt already offers to electronically transfer their paychecks to their Checking accounts and they also offer to split off part of their checks and transfer it to their savings account....and they probably offer to split off some of their money to go in to a Christmas savings account, and they also offer to deposit their money in to a 401k account....is it only the bankers that our gvt is willing to do such for? If so, then why?

The Florida Government is taking that BURDEN *OFF* the Shoulders of government workers and making *MEMBERS* write the checks themselves monthly/Bi-weekly...so they can see how MUCH they are being ROBBED...

*AND* as an added *BONUS*...giving them the RIGHT to DENY FUNDS to candidates they don't LIKE...

SAPS the Power right OUT of UNION Hands...doesn't it?

Forum List

Back