Florida Governor Goes to Bars, Hangs Out with Students

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Charlie Crist is mentioned here as a VP candidate, though I can't see it.

Crist makes late-night bar scene
By Paul Flemming
Florida Capital Bureau

bilde

Brett Jula, a 20-year-old junior at FSU, wasn't expecting to chat with the governor when he hit the town Tuesday night, but he got a late-night pep talk from the state's chief executive.

"He was just like another guy there," Jula said Friday of Crist's appearance at Big Daddy's. "He came through the door and everybody just started talking to him."

Photos of the governor at the college bar across from the FSU campuspopped up on student networking site facebook.com, as first reported in the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

"He was fairly enjoying himself. He was out dancing," said Jula, who wasn't drinking alcohol.

The governor's office did not immediately respond to questions about Crist's visit to the bar.

The mass media major said he had about a five-minute conversation with Crist.

"He asked where I was from, and when I said Pittsburgh, he said 'I was born in Altoona,'" Jula said.

Then the governor, Jula said, "Started giving me a motivational speech. He said, 'Just keep your head on straight and you can do it.'"

Jula said Crist arrived with a member of his security detail and a woman shortly after midnight and stayed until around 3 a.m., when the bar closed.

"We were like the last to leave," Jula said. "And he left just before us."

Jula is assistant sports editor for FSView, a student newspaper owned by Gannett, the parent company for the Tallahassee Democrat, FLORIDA TODAY, The News-Press in Fort Myers and Pensacola News Journal.

I hope he got lucky!

Tallahassee Democrat

That is AWESOME. A political candidate acting like a human being. While also being responsible, not drinking and scamming on the girls. I love him.

Forum List

Back