Florida For Real

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Good article I read this morning. Short and sweet. Gators are not the hottest team in college and without a doubt the best 1-loss team.

FLORIDA IS FOR REAL
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 1, 2008, 6:41 p.m. EDT

I don’t know if Florida is going to make it to the BCS national championship game, but I do know that after the Gators dominated Georgia today, I wouldn’t bet against them running the table.

Florida played about as impressive a football game as any team has played all season in completely dismantling Georgia on both sides of the ball. Florida quarterback Tim Tebow was particularly impressive, running for three touchdowns and and passing for two in a game that could get him back into the Heisman Trophy conversation.

The Gators improve to 7-1, and all seven wins are by more than three touchdowns. With remaining games against Vanderbilt, South Carolina, the Citadel and Florida State, Florida will be a double-digit favorite in every remaining game, up until the SEC Championship Game, which will most likely be Florida vs. Alabama. That has the makings of a college football classic.

Of course, that one loss, to Ole Miss, means that even if they were to run the table and win the SEC, Florida needs either Texas or Penn State to lose. Because of that, you can’t say Florida is the favorite to win the national title. But you can say the Gators are for real.

CollegeFootballTalk.com - FLORIDA IS FOR REAL

Again, the best one loss team is either Texas, Oklahoma St, or Oklahoma. Florida looks really good, but they lost to an unranked Ole Miss team who's looked like shit in every other game this year. The other three lost to Top 10 teams (each other) who are playing nearly perfect every game.

For Florida to make it to the BCS Championship, they're going to need Penn St to lose, or they're going to need Texas Tech to lose twice and the other 3 teams to lose again.

Again, the best one loss team is either Texas, Oklahoma St, or Oklahoma. Florida looks really good, but they lost to an unranked Ole Miss team who's looked like shit in every other game this year. The other three lost to Top 10 teams (each other) who are playing nearly perfect every game.

Ah, the smell of jealousy from Mr. Casual Fan. Sorry, sport. Gators are indeed the best 1 loss team. Ask one of your football friends. They'll help you out.

For Florida to make it to the BCS Championship, they're going to need Penn St to lose, or they're going to need Texas Tech to lose twice and the other 3 teams to lose again.

First of all, we need to see where the Gators are ranked. Don't you think that would help determine what they have do? Yes, son, indeed.

And your "scenario" is completely false. I'll tear it apart as soon as the polls come out this afternoon.

So rankings are all you care about? Your argument is that because Florida is above Texas, they are better than Texas? Give me a break. Texas is coming off a loss, Florida is coming off a huge win. Of course Texas will be below Florida.

If they met on the field, it'd be an interesting matchup. I'm going to give the edge to Texas. They've been more consistent.

I still laugh at your "casual fan" comments. I don't know what sparked them, but they're pretty laughable.

So rankings are all you care about? Your argument is that because Florida is above Texas, they are better than Texas? Give me a break. Texas is coming off a loss, Florida is coming off a huge win. Of course Texas will be below Florida.

If they met on the field, it'd be an interesting matchup. I'm going to give the edge to Texas. They've been more consistent.

I still laugh at your "casual fan" comments. I don't know what sparked them, but they're pretty laughable.

Just quit while you are ahead. Arguing with a Florida fans is like arguing with this:

stump%20feeder%20500.JPG

Yeah, it's a real shame they're likely to stomp Alabama in the SEC championship. I hate to see the East win the conference.

Good news though: Tennessee is the worst team in the conference. I think we can all find solace in that fact.

Yeah, it's a real shame they're likely to stomp Alabama in the SEC championship. I hate to see the East win the conference.

Good news though: Tennessee is the worst team in the conference. I think we can all find solace in that fact.

Yes we can, but don't count BAMA out. I'm not counting chickens, but we can go into Atlanta competitive. Its the SEC, anything can happen. If you had told me in August that BAMA would be number 1 in November, I would have had you commited. ;)

Yes we can, but don't count BAMA out. I'm not counting chickens, but we can go into Atlanta competitive. Its the SEC, anything can happen. If you had told me in August that BAMA would be number 1 in November, I would have had you commited. ;)

By September, I knew Bama would have a good season, and I even predicted a BCS Championship berth for them. But I also thought Georgia was the best in the East at the time, and now that's clearly not the case.

I see a Penn State/Alabama National Title Game! :cool:

I see a Penn State/Alabama National Title Game! :cool:

:cuckoo:

Depends on how well Tech can continue. Seriously, that game against Texas wasn't a fluke. That's how good they actually are. There's no reason they should lose to Oklahoma St or anyone else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

:cuckoo:

Depends on how well Tech can continue. Seriously, that game against Texas wasn't a fluke. That's how good they actually are. There's no reason they should lose to Oklahoma St or anyone else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

OK

How about a Texas Tech/Penn State game?

I'm not picky, as long as Penn State is playing and winning it ALL! :D

OK

How about a Texas Tech/Penn State game?

I'm not picky, as long as Penn State is playing and winning it ALL! :D

Penn St has the easiest road to the title, really. But, their weak schedule may leave them out in the cold. You saw Tech jump them this week. If Tech holds on, they'll obviously be in the championship. If Alabama remains undefeated or if Florida doesn't lose another game, one of those two teams will be in the championship.

Forum List

Back