Florida For Real

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Stoner, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Good article I read this morning. Short and sweet. Gators are not the hottest team in college and without a doubt the best 1-loss team.

CollegeFootballTalk.com - FLORIDA IS FOR REAL

2. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Again, the best one loss team is either Texas, Oklahoma St, or Oklahoma. Florida looks really good, but they lost to an unranked Ole Miss team who's looked like shit in every other game this year. The other three lost to Top 10 teams (each other) who are playing nearly perfect every game.

For Florida to make it to the BCS Championship, they're going to need Penn St to lose, or they're going to need Texas Tech to lose twice and the other 3 teams to lose again.

3. Stoner

Stoner Herbologist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Ah, the smell of jealousy from Mr. Casual Fan. Sorry, sport. Gators are indeed the best 1 loss team. Ask one of your football friends. They'll help you out.

First of all, we need to see where the Gators are ranked. Don't you think that would help determine what they have do? Yes, son, indeed.

And your "scenario" is completely false. I'll tear it apart as soon as the polls come out this afternoon.

4. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    So rankings are all you care about? Your argument is that because Florida is above Texas, they are better than Texas? Give me a break. Texas is coming off a loss, Florida is coming off a huge win. Of course Texas will be below Florida.

If they met on the field, it'd be an interesting matchup. I'm going to give the edge to Texas. They've been more consistent.

I still laugh at your "casual fan" comments. I don't know what sparked them, but they're pretty laughable.

5. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Just quit while you are ahead. Arguing with a Florida fans is like arguing with this:

[​IMG]

6. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Yeah, it's a real shame they're likely to stomp Alabama in the SEC championship. I hate to see the East win the conference.

Good news though: Tennessee is the worst team in the conference. I think we can all find solace in that fact.

7. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Yes we can, but don't count BAMA out. I'm not counting chickens, but we can go into Atlanta competitive. Its the SEC, anything can happen. If you had told me in August that BAMA would be number 1 in November, I would have had you commited. ;)

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    By September, I knew Bama would have a good season, and I even predicted a BCS Championship berth for them. But I also thought Georgia was the best in the East at the time, and now that's clearly not the case.

9. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    I see a Penn State/Alabama National Title Game! :cool:

10. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    :cuckoo:

Depends on how well Tech can continue. Seriously, that game against Texas wasn't a fluke. That's how good they actually are. There's no reason they should lose to Oklahoma St or anyone else. I guess we'll have to wait and see.