Florida Defies Federal Warning: Voter Purge Will Continue

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Janell Ross

Florida will defy a federal warning to stop purging people the state suspects aren't U.S. citizens from voter registration rolls.

Despite a Justice Department letter, objections from county elections officials and evidence that a disproportionate number are voters of color, Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner's office planned to continue scrubbing the election rolls, a spokesman said Friday. Gov. Rick Scott (R) ordered the search for potentially ineligible voters.

Justice Department officials declined to comment on Florida’s plans.

More: Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning

Scott must get off on seeing his name on lawsuits.

"The Florida Secretary of State is being recalcitrant," said Judith Browne Dianis, co-director of The Advancement Project., a Washington-based voting rights advocacy group that last month asked the Justice Department to investigate. "He wants to move forward despite federal notice of illegality and supervisors of elections' refusal to purge voters. He should just quit it."

That pretty much sums it up: yet another example of conservatives’ contempt for the rule of law.

Florida failed to get clearance for its purge or its methods to identify the people the state suspects are non-citizens.

The irony of this is approval would likely be granted with little effort.

This is about Florida republican officials defying Federal law for some perceived political gain.

Voting rights advocates have also pointed out the state motor vehicles database is an unreliable way to determine the citizenship of voters, because many people become citizens between license renewals.

And an example of conservatives’ contempt for the facts.

The Republican Party is terrified of a fair fight.

Better to buy and steal the election than win it fair and square.

All those illegal votes are just vanishing before your sorry eyes. Boo hoo.

The Republican Party is terrified of a fair fight.

Better to buy and steal the election than win it fair and square.

Leaving bogus voters on the list offends you why? Because you advocate ELECTION FRAUD.

Can't we punish a state for continually fucking things up over and over again? Let us just not have florida in the next election and tell them to shape the fuck up. I am tired of hearing them screwing things up.

Screwing things up because they did not go YOUR WAY.:lol:

Can't we punish a state for continually fucking things up over and over again? Let us just not have florida in the next election and tell them to shape the fuck up. I am tired of hearing them screwing things up.

Amen to that. I think it's called Electile Dysfunction...

electile-dysfunction.jpg

Both sides are complaining here. One side complains false votes are mucking things up and the other claims tossing out good votes mucks things up. Fix it and get back to us when you are done. If both sides say it is broken then I am all for calling it broken and not using it.

Both sides are complaining here. One side complains false votes are mucking things up and the other claims tossing out good votes mucks things up. Fix it and get back to us when you are done. If both sides say it is broken then I am all for calling it broken and not using it.

Who's complaining? It is not about Dems, and Reps... It's about removing fraud from the equation. If you disagree with what they are doing, then it seems you favor election fraud.

Who's complaining? It is not about Dems, and Reps... It's about removing fraud from the equation. If you disagree with what they are doing, then it seems you favor election fraud.

It also seems you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Haven't you read recent articles or watched TV news about legal Florida voters complaining of being purged? Also, the Florida Primary Election is less than 3 months away (August 14, 2012).

By Janell Ross

Florida will defy a federal warning to stop purging people the state suspects aren't U.S. citizens from voter registration rolls.

Despite a Justice Department letter, objections from county elections officials and evidence that a disproportionate number are voters of color, Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner's office planned to continue scrubbing the election rolls, a spokesman said Friday. Gov. Rick Scott (R) ordered the search for potentially ineligible voters.

Justice Department officials declined to comment on Florida’s plans.

More: Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning

Well good.

Only lying people that want the dead and illegal too vote would be against the purge.

not have read any other posts yet, I will bet my avi that every liberal post before mine is against the purge.

It also seems you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Haven't you read recent articles or watched TV news about legal Florida voters complaining of being purged? Also, the Florida Primary Election is less than 3 months away (August 14, 2012).

Is there actual proof of a "legal voter" who HAS been purged? It's one thing for the "news" to say there is one "complaining" of being purged, it is quite another to say WHO IT IS who was actually purged.

Is that a trick question, because the answer would seem to be the obvious. You know what, if they both agree it is fucked up then we should toss out all of their votes and go on. Fix it the right way or don't get counted. Fixing it does not mean committing fraud on the other side. Figure out who the wrong names are on the ballots but don't toss out the good ones. get with the fucking program or don't get a say.

Is that a trick question, because the answer would seem to be the obvious. You know what, if they both agree it is fucked up then we should toss out all of their votes and go on. Fix it the right way or don't get counted. Fixing it does not mean committing fraud on the other side. Figure out who the wrong names are on the ballots but don't toss out the good ones. get with the fucking program or don't get a say.

How is fraud being committed by "the other side" (your words)? Please elaborate.

Forum List

Back