Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy day

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day!
You must read this......a proper decision by the courts...for a change.
FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY
In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, “Case dismissed!"
The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honour, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."
The lawyer said, "Your Honour, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.
Court is adjourned..." :lol::laugh2::laugh2::lol:

In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, “Case dismissed!"
The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honour, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."
The lawyer said, "Your Honour, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.

what could be more fair than people who demand respect for their own beliefs mocking and ridiculing the beliefs of others?

The Unreligious Right: Religious License Plates OK, Atheist Plates No Good

Thursday, May 27, 2010
Religious License Plates OK, Atheist Plates No Good
A North Dakota man requested a personalized license plate saying "Is No God." It was rejected, despite the fact that the state has allowed plates with religious messages such as "I love God" and "Praise God." As the man who applied for the plate said,

-----------------------
State: 'ATHEIST' plate raises a holy ruckus

'ATHEIST' plate raises a holy ruckus

After getting complaints, the state decides a Florida man's license plate is objectionable and yanks it.

------------------------
Atheist wins appeal for "no god" license plate - National Rationalism | Examiner.com

Atheist wins appeal for "no god" license plate

* May 28th, 2010 12:29 am ET

Downtown Fargo, ND
Photo: (photo by: Kla4067)

When Brian Magee initially applied for a new license plate this week in Fargo, North Dakota, his personalized design was rejected on the grounds it would offend too many people.

--------------

rush limbaugh in his 36 TRUTHS
"you DON'T have the right to be OFFENDED"

so how do you plan on celebrating your high holy day?

I think it would be nice if atheists collectively agreed on a day to celebrate reason

but that hasn't happened so...

I celebrate logic and reason EVERY day!

I am especially reminded of how wonderful logic and reason are when I traverse message boards

:razz:

I think it would be nice if atheists collectively agreed on a day to celebrate reason

I am especially reminded of how wonderful logic and reason are when I traverse message boards

Well enjoy your reason, and while you do so, look to see where you put your sense of humor.:lol:

You are applauding a judge who put down someone else beliefs? If this had been reversed Christians heads would explode.

:lol:

You are applauding a judge who put down someone else beliefs? If this had been reversed Christians heads would explode.

I'm laughing now.

The fact that you try to present atheism as a belief is comical.

No faith uses scientific reason, therefore, you don't have a belief, you have a reason for thinking the way you choose.

fyi; "Holiday" means Holy day, and since you don't believe in things being holy, you don't get or need a holiday.

Thanks for giving me a laugh though.

There is still a reference to religion in it, so I guess posting it inthe religious and ethics board is still ok.

By the way, the Buddhists are going to ring in the new year--how about making that apart of our Holiday Celebrations. And to you christians that run around denouncing pagan holidthe concept is to ring away sin!! And nope, Buddhists do not praay to Buddha so you are not praying to a foreign god in the process!

Well enjoy your reason, and while you do so, look to see where you put your sense of humor.:lol:

I got the joke...

just didn't think it was all that funny...

sorry....

and I still think it would be nice for all atheists to agree on a day to celebrate reason and logic

I got the joke...

sorry....

and I still think it would be nice for all atheists to agree on a day to celebrate reason and logic

You did, did you? :eusa_drool:

You still got 4/1! the judge even said so!

I got the joke...

sorry....

You did, did you? :eusa_drool:

You still got 4/1! the judge even said so!

anyway...

I still think it would be nice for ORGANIZED atheists to pick a day to celebrate reason and logic

There is still a reference to religion in it, so I guess posting it inthe religious and ethics board is still ok.

By the way, the Buddhists are going to ring in the new year--how about making that apart of our Holiday Celebrations. And to you christians that run around denouncing pagan holidthe concept is to ring away sin!! And nope, Buddhists do not praay to Buddha so you are not praying to a foreign god in the process!

It's a free country, celebrate as you see fit.

And when buddism over takes christianity in America, we can have thier days off, also, or instead.

Forum List

Back