Florida Congressional Candidate Calls Obama "Buckwheat" in Speech

Doesn't Corey know that being a black man he can't possibly be Republican? I mean isn't that what we ALL know to be true?

Sarcasm off

It's too bad that all of the Democrats didn't take the time to look at the link before posting, since this is a black man making the statement.

What I find hilarious is the "reporter" asking him
You call yourself a statesman. Would you call that comment statesmanlike behavior?
with all of the crap that the Democrats say that just gets a free pass.

Rick

You mean like Murtha and his rednecks and racists comment?

Or like Murtha and his "rapists and murderers" comment

Or how about Reid and his negro dialect comment?

Or what about Obama and his "acted stupidly" comment.

Biden and his "clean and articualte" comment

Dunn and her "I admire Mao" comment?

Like those?

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Buckwheat, the Little Rascal from the 1920s series of film shorts called "Our Gang," is now center stage in a foot-in-mouth moment for a South Florida candidate for the U.S. Congress.

A well-liked South Florida teacher and candidate for Congress learned a lesson about public speaking after a speech in which he referred to President Barack Obama as “Buckwheat”.

Corey Poitier, who is running for U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek's seat, delivered a passionate speech against the health care reform bill Monday night to Broward County Republicans. During the speech, Poitier addressed the President by saying “Listen up, Buckwheat…”

Candidate Calls Obama 'Buckwheat' - Politics News Story - WPLG Miami

I'm having a hard time finding Al Sharpton's comments on this for some odd reason ...

I'm sitting here laughing may ass off.

The only time Sharpton opens his mouth is if a "white" person says something like this. Then of course its "racist". LOL

Last edited:
Doesn't Corey know that being a black man he can't possibly be Republican? I mean isn't that what we ALL know to be true?

Sarcasm off

It's too bad that all of the Democrats didn't take the time to look at the link before posting, since this is a black man making the statement.

What I find hilarious is the "reporter" asking him
You call yourself a statesman. Would you call that comment statesmanlike behavior?
with all of the crap that the Democrats say that just gets a free pass.

Rick

You mean like Murtha and his rednecks and racists comment?

Or like Murtha and his "rapists and murderers" comment

Or how about Reid and his negro dialect comment?

Or what about Obama and his "acted stupidly" comment.

Biden and his "clean and articualte" comment

Dunn and her "I admire Mao" comment?

Like those?

Yeah, I think that's a good starting list. There are quite a few more, but we'll just start there.

Rick

This one is truly a conundrum for politically correct leftists.

On the one hand the guy is black, which normally means he gets a free pass on this sort of thing.

But on the other hand he is a republican, which means he can't sneeze without being vilified as a bigot.

The exact opposite of the conundrum they faced with Reid's negro dialect comment. And as we saw there, his being a democrat trumped his being whitey.

I wonder which side carries the day on this one. :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back