Florida Congressional Candidate Calls Obama "Buckwheat" in Speech

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Buckwheat, the Little Rascal from the 1920s series of film shorts called "Our Gang," is now center stage in a foot-in-mouth moment for a South Florida candidate for the U.S. Congress.

A well-liked South Florida teacher and candidate for Congress learned a lesson about public speaking after a speech in which he referred to President Barack Obama as “Buckwheat”.

Corey Poitier, who is running for U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek's seat, delivered a passionate speech against the health care reform bill Monday night to Broward County Republicans. During the speech, Poitier addressed the President by saying “Listen up, Buckwheat…”

Candidate Calls Obama 'Buckwheat' - Politics News Story - WPLG Miami

I'm having a hard time finding Al Sharpton's comments on this for some odd reason ...

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Buckwheat, the Little Rascal from the 1920s series of film shorts called "Our Gang," is now center stage in a foot-in-mouth moment for a South Florida candidate for the U.S. Congress.

A well-liked South Florida teacher and candidate for Congress learned a lesson about public speaking after a speech in which he referred to President Barack Obama as “Buckwheat”.

Corey Poitier, who is running for U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek's seat, delivered a passionate speech against the health care reform bill Monday night to Broward County Republicans. During the speech, Poitier addressed the President by saying “Listen up, Buckwheat…”

I'm having a hard time finding Al Sharpton's comments on this for some odd reason ...

Isn't it nice to see daily reinforcement that racism is dead in America? ESPECIALLY from public officials?

If hes in a Republican district it will help him win.

LBJ was a republican?

How in your twisted mind did you turn this one line into saying LBJ was an R?

Look LBJ is not running this year now is he.

LBJ hjas been dead for some time and most of the people who voted for LBJ are also dead.

LBJ has very little impact on what the current partys are today.

Funny how you bring up 50 years ago yet when we mention Bush who was a year ago that is somehow taboo.

You people just have no reasonable debate issues left so you pull up people who have been dead for decades and then deny anyone can mention your failures of little more than a yearor you off you blow a top.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Last edited:

Isn't it nice to see daily reinforcement that racism is dead in America? ESPECIALLY from public officials?

The guy who said it is 5 shades of black darker than Obama. :lol:

LBJ was a republican?

LBJ hjas been dead for some time and most of the people who voted for LBJ are also dead.

Funny how you bring up 50 years ago yet when we mention Bush who was a year ago that is somehow taboo.

You people just have no reasonable debate issues left so you pull up people who have been dead for decades and then deny anyone can mention your failures of little more than a year you off you blow a top.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Excuise me you little spinner...

I did not realize you do not have the ability to read between the lines...so I will clarify as I take it as my fault for not being clearer.

Your post implied that ONLY republicans are racists...no...it did not imply that....IT PRETTY MUCH SAID THAT.

SO I simply pointed out that some democrats are as well.

Racism is only a party issue to uninformed people that rely on blogs for their own personal sentiments......like you TM.

LBJ was a republican?

You people just have no reasonable debate issues left so you pull up people who have been dead for decades and then deny anyone can mention your failures of little more than a year you off you blow a top.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

I did not realize you do not have the ability to read between the lines...so I will clarify as I take it as my fault for not being clearer.

Your post implied that ONLY republicans are racists...no...it did not imply that....IT PRETTY MUCH SAID THAT.

Racism is only a party issue to uninformed people that rely on blogs for their own personal sentiments......like you TM.

Was LBJ a racist?

His voting record did not support it. He passed the most comprehensive Civil Rights legislation in our history. Coming from Texas, both he, and his party paid a severe price for his stand on Civil Rights

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Was LBJ a racist?

His voting record did not support it. He passed the most comprehensive Civil Rights legislation in our history. Coming from Texas, both he, and his party paid a severe price for his stand on Civil Rights
Um, does a certain country that begins with a "V" that was the title of a war ring a bell?

Viet...

nam?

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Was LBJ a racist?

You really need to read up on what really transpired with civil rights in congress...

Then get back to me.

The guy that said it is a black man genius.

Are you telling us he's racist against himself?

And the left commonly refers to Thomas as "Uncle Tom" and Rice as "Aunt Jemimah"

So the f what.

:eek:

:disbelief:

Was LBJ a racist?

You really need to read up on what really transpired with civil rights in congress...

Then get back to me.

He'll never let facts get in the way of his delusional thoughts...

LBJ was a republican?

You people just have no reasonable debate issues left so you pull up people who have been dead for decades and then deny anyone can mention your failures of little more than a yearor you off you blow a top.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK
Yup, and then he acts like he's an intelligent debater and not a partisan hack, but then posts bullshit like that

LBJ was a republican?

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK
Yup, and then he acts like he's an intelligent debater and not a partisan hack, but then posts bullshit like that

I am flattered that you take the time to post on here to attack my credibility. It means I scare you.

Do not worry. I have nothing against you and I am a peaceful man.

Now.....please tell me what was wrong with what I said. It was accurate and clearly siad to TM that not JUST republicans have members that are racists...so do the democrats.

Actually, dont tell me what is wrong with that...as nothing IS wrong with that.

Please...continue to show me how afraid you are of me. It is amusing and quite entertaining.

Doesn't Corey know that being a black man he can't possibly be Republican? I mean isn't that what we ALL know to be true?

Sarcasm off

It's too bad that all of the Democrats didn't take the time to look at the link before posting, since this is a black man making the statement.

What I find hilarious is the "reporter" asking him
You call yourself a statesman. Would you call that comment statesmanlike behavior?
with all of the crap that the Democrats say that just gets a free pass.

Rick

Forum List

Back