Florida Church in Standoff Over Koran Burning

yea dude.. we sure haven't seen anyone burn a fucking cross without widescale christian backlash before have we?

:lol:

:cuckoo:

Actually you usually get more of black backlash from cross burning.

Kinda interesting considering it is supposed christians doing it.

And widescale christian backlash usually results in some stern words, and the donohue guy getting his 15 minutes on the TV. Muslim backlash can be a bit more physical, and even if not, usually implies more of a threat to those its targets.

behead-those-who-insult-islam.jpg

oh yea, dude! all those burning crosses on laws meant to scare non-whites sure did generally cause the good faithful masses to fucking RIOT!

:rofl:

maybe it's time for you to prove your assertion instead of boring the fuck out of me with assumptions.

I assume you are trying to make a point here. Next time spend more time on creating the words of the response, and less time on your smilies.

It almost seems like you just dont get the point I am making.

Well, Florida can have wildfires and if that is the concern, then the city is right in preventing the book burning. I am not aware that this year fires have been a concern (although I'm not there, so mebbe it is....?).

Bottom line is, if you disapprove of this group of wingnuts burning the Koran (as I do) then write letters, organize a counter-protest, or suck it up. Shutting down offensive free speech is not the American way.

BTW, I'm not a christian but my family bible is precious to me. I'd expect this book is to most christians, and I think it's bullshit to say no one would care if a bunch of non-christians had a highly-publicized bible burning.

The difference is that it is "your" bible, not "a" bible. I'm not saything that they wouldnt care, but that the response would be much less for a bible burning than a koran burning. Again its the whole "the book itself is holy" thing.

Muslims do not have alot of symbols or consecrated items compared to at least Roman Catholicism. For them, the Koran is the main holy relic. it is similar to a consecrate altar in an RC church, or the sanctuary that holds the extra consecrated wafers.

of course, Madeline! Remember, there IS a difference! Marty says so!

Again not getting my point. Do you even understand the concepts were are discussing here? Is there anything factually wrong with my statement on the sanctity of the various texts of the Relgions being discussed?

Actually you usually get more of black backlash from cross burning.

Kinda interesting considering it is supposed christians doing it.

And widescale christian backlash usually results in some stern words, and the donohue guy getting his 15 minutes on the TV. Muslim backlash can be a bit more physical, and even if not, usually implies more of a threat to those its targets.

behead-those-who-insult-islam.jpg

oh yea, dude! all those burning crosses on laws meant to scare non-whites sure did generally cause the good faithful masses to fucking RIOT!

maybe it's time for you to prove your assertion instead of boring the fuck out of me with assumptions.

I assume you are trying to make a point here. Next time spend more time on creating the words of the response, and less time on your smilies.

It almost seems like you just dont get the point I am making.

nice dodge! I guess it's "different" for you when prompted for evidence... Silly me!

so, in case you are a giant pussy to support your claim, feel free to provide evidence that burning a cross would illicit a worse reaction from christians than burning bibles per your laugh inducing assertion. After all, I have a plethora of burning crosses which I could post with nary the slightest fucking mob riot reaction... Can you reply in kind?

... or, as I suspect, have you run out of steam and just want to cry like a bitch about my posts?

The difference is that it is "your" bible, not "a" bible. I'm not saything that they wouldnt care, but that the response would be much less for a bible burning than a koran burning. Again its the whole "the book itself is holy" thing.

Muslims do not have alot of symbols or consecrated items compared to at least Roman Catholicism. For them, the Koran is the main holy relic. it is similar to a consecrate altar in an RC church, or the sanctuary that holds the extra consecrated wafers.

of course, Madeline! Remember, there IS a difference! Marty says so!

Again not getting my point. Do you even understand the concepts were are discussing here? Is there anything factually wrong with my statement on the sanctity of the various texts of the Relgions being discussed?

yes, in fact, your bullshit assumptions do not amount to fact at all unless you are willing to stop being a pussy about providing evidence of such.

- see your "burning crosses will unhinge christians more than burning bibles" joke.

I would like to send this church in Fla. some money to buy more korans to burn. Anyone know the address??:clap2:

What horseshit. Burn a few bibles and see how folks react.

I applaud the Gainesville City Council's sentiment, but they are wrong. I'm sure there's a safe way to burn books on the church property and this vile, hateful protest should be allowed to go forward.

The Dovey-Loveys should call the ACLU.

Funny, the same ACLU group that's helping a tea party member to keep his Don't Tread on Me flag up in Arizona.

As well, I don't care if those crazy christian fools wants to burn that book of lies, deceit and bullshit called the Koran. The Bible isn't any better.

Forum List

Back