Florida campus shooting shows need for campus concealed carry...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...it is time to end gun free zones...since all they do is enable killers to kill with no one to stop them until police arrive....which, as this article points out, was 4 minutes....they are so lucky that he was a bad shot, and didn't seem to want to hunt down victims in that library...it could have been a lot worse with so many unarmed people facing the killer...

Attorneys Argue That FSU Library Attack Shows Need For Statewide Campus Carry - Bearing Arms

Four minutes.

It may not sound like long in most contexts, but it can be an eternity when you are a college student trapped in a campus building where a deranged attacker is methodically stalking and killing everything he meets. The majority of those killed at Sandy Hook, and roughly half of those killed at Virginia Tech, were murdered within four minutes. The deranged graduate student who shot up the Aurora Colorado movie theater managed to shoot 82 people, though officers arrived in just 90 seconds.

Four minutes was an eternity at Florida State’s library, when a mentally ill former prosecutor randomly opened fire on students because he thought shadowy government forces were targeting him with mind control weapons.

It is because of this momentary eternity and the need to deploy a firearm immediately when mass killers and criminals display deadly intent that gun right attorney in Florida are fighting even harder now for the right of faculty and staff to legally concealed carry on campus.

If students were armed at FSU when the gunman opened fire in the library, could they have taken out the threat before police and prevented three injuries?

That’s the argument attorneys with Florida Carry are making. They want students allowed to be armed in the classroom, and they’re taking their fight to court.

Three to four minutes is how long it took for police to shoot and kill Myron May early Wednesday morning in front of the library. It may sound like a swift response time to some, but gun rights attorneys want an instant reaction.

Agreed. The only problem I see is keeping the weapon safe from others access, such as when sleeping and possibly partying too much and not being responsible with it. Those possibilities would need to be looked at and some type of solution found to help prevent them.

Agreed. The only problem I see is keeping the weapon safe from others access, such as when sleeping and possibly partying too much and not being responsible with it. Those possibilities would need to be looked at and some type of solution found to help prevent them.

They are already. Every concealed weapon permit I have ever seen specifically states that weapons may not be carried when drinking. Period. As far as when you're asleep. I would imagine the same problems apply in any home.

That's good to know. And so far as sleeping, at least at home you usually have a gun safe. I guess there is probably an individual one that could be used in a dorm setting, correct?

They are already. Every concealed weapon permit I have ever seen specifically states that weapons may not be carried when drinking. Period. As far as when you're asleep. I would imagine the same problems apply in any home.

That's good to know. And so far as sleeping, at least at home you usually have a gun safe. I guess there is probably an individual one that could be used in a dorm setting, correct?

There are many small gun safes for a single handgun that allow immediate access to the owner.

Well, that solves every problem I could foresee. As I stated I believe=ve it would be a good idea. When I was in high school, many of the guys had hunting rifles in their trucks and noone thought twice about it, and never once was there a problem.

There are many small gun safes for a single handgun that allow immediate access to the owner.

Last year at least 27 shootings occurred on or near college campuses, according to a survey of news reports. Eighteen people were reported to have died and a number of others injured in connection with the shootings. When will we finally solve this awful problem?

Forum List

Back