Florida 31, BAMA 20

I'd like to say that I hate to say I told you so, but I really LOVE saying "I told ya so," and I made $20 off that game. So, yeah...

Aww, don't be that way. Besides, it's not like Bama could have stopped OU in the BCS Championship. I know Florida certainly won't.

Aww, don't be that way. Besides, it's not like Bama could have stopped OU in the BCS Championship. I know Florida certainly won't.

Since you are simply here to rub salt in a wound, why don't you tell us what bowl Arkansas will be playing in this year.

At this moment, Missouri is binding thier wounds. Texas and Texas Tech are pissed off at being left out so an inferior team could play. It'll all get reset and next year will likely be no different. Except for OU defending her national title that is.

I was watching the Div II playoffs. I still find it amazing that a nation that put a man on the moon when I was a kid cannot put into place a playoff system that satisfies all concerned.

BTW, I saw bits of the game. Both teams looked good. Well matched indeed. Until the breakout in the 4th quarter.

Since you are simply here to rub salt in a wound, why don't you tell us what bowl Arkansas will be playing in this year.

I wasn't delusional enough to think my team WOULD make a bowl game.

Tell me, what bowl did Alabama play in last year...or the year before last...or the year before that? Wait, when WAS the last time Alabama won a bowl game, anyway? 2001?

I wasn't delusional enough to think my team WOULD make a bowl game.

Tell me, what bowl did Alabama play in last year...or the year before last...or the year before that? Wait, when WAS the last time Alabama won a bowl game, anyway? 2001?

Last year.

We won the Independence Bowl in '07. We won the Cotton bowl in '05 and we won the Independence Bowl in '01. Now what junior?

But hey, I'm not going to let you get me down. BAMA was supposed to be two years away from even being in contention and now for most of the season, we have been at the forefront of the college football conversation. We played a helluva game against a helluva team. They won, we get to go to the Sugar Bowl. So take your "I told you so" and stick it in your ass.

Furthermore, go fuck yourself. We'll see ya in Tuscaloosa next year junior.

Wow, ESPN needs to update their site better. They lied to me.

ESPN - Alabama bowl history - College Football

Oh well, still, I wasn't expecting much from the Hogs this year. We did better than I expected, actually, and we had one of the toughest schedules in NCAA history, playing four ranked teams in a row (3 of which are top 5 now). We beat two ranked teams and LSU. The only thing that would have made this season better was the win over Ole Miss, which was stolen from us by a shitty ref, but that's the SEC for ya.

Maisel wrote a good article on this game.

ATLANTA -- Florida coach Urban Meyer likes to say he wants the fastest team in America, and by god, he just might have it. But the No. 4 Gators didn't win the Southeastern Conference championship game and, in all likelihood, a chance to play for the crystal football because they ran past No. 1 Alabama.

"Our team is a tough team," sophomore cornerback Joe Haden said. "The only reason they look past our toughness is our speed. They said we were a speed team and they [Alabama] were a tough team. We're just as tough. We can still be pretty and fast and tough at the same time."

And better. Don't forget better.

The scoreboard said that No. 4 Florida defeated No. 1 Alabama 31-20, but the game played before a record crowd of 75,892 in the Georgia Dome felt more like a WBC championship than an SEC championship. It should have been scored on a 10-point must system for 15 rounds. Through five lead changes and three ties, momentum whipsawed from one sideline to the other.

"That's one of the best college football games I know I've ever been a part of," Meyer said after the game Saturday night. "That was a dogfight. That was toughness. That was check your will and come back and play in the fourth quarter."

ESPN - Ivan Maisel: Florida Gators have plenty of bite

Forum List

Back