Florence might be worse than Harvey!

Well now, I guess we will have to see what develops at the Brunswick Nuke plant.

It is NOT in danger, just cut off because of flooded roads. You panicking already?

The Epoch Times

By Jack Phillips
September 17, 2018

‘Unusual Event’ Declared at Brunswick Nuclear Plant After Hurricane Florence

Excerpt:

"None of the main roads are passable, according to Joey Ledford, a spokesman for the NRC, the News & Observer reported. “The plant is safe. The reactors are in hot stand-by mode 3 shutdown.”

Ledford added to Fox that the nuclear plant is stable and poses no threat to public safety, and meanwhile, no floodwaters have breached the facility.

Officials said the plant is accessible from one route due to the floodwaters. However, there are not multiple routes available, and the plant was placed under an “unusual event,” Fox reported.

The plant was shut down before the hurricane arrived in the Carolinas, according to the report."

Last edited:
And the fakery continues....will these people never learn?

The media has about zero credibility on anything related to climate...and a thinking person must wonder how honest they are about anything else.

No one has to tell anyone that you are a dumb fuck. The reactors at Brunswick are of the same design as Fukushima. Therefore, a shutdown of their capability to cool is a danger. Lowest level state of emergency thus far, but in a climate where there will be more and more such precipitation events, we should start hardening these facilities.

No one has to tell anyone that you are a dumb fuck. The reactors at Brunswick are of the same design as Fukushima. Therefore, a shutdown of their capability to cool is a danger. Lowest level state of emergency thus far, but in a climate where there will be more and more such precipitation events, we should start hardening these facilities.

:bigbed::bigbed::bigbed:

As the forecasters warned, the major danger and damage from the storm would be the precipitation event caused by the stalling of the storm by a slow moving weather front.

Sounds like business as usual rocks...except for the part where the killer storm comes inland as a cat 3 or 4 with devastating winds as predicted by the models. Still waiting for an explanation as to why the storm began falling apart when it got over those warm inshore waters that were suppose to cause it to strengthen. Could it be that there are factors at work which we, as yet know nothing at all about?

By the way...the news this morning said that the flooded rivers (not the worst the state has ever seen by the way) are on the way down. Check livestock losses from this storm against losses in other storms to see the real extent of flooding. Not nearly as much lost in this storm as in others.

As much as you like wringing your hands and bleating hysterically about the end being near, alas, the storms are just not getting worse...although my grass did get f'ing wet in this storm. And if you are depending on the media to tell you the truth about what is going on, refer to all the fakes I have posted...and that is just the few most obvious....and the ones that got outed....how many didn't get caught?

Sounds like business as usual rocks...except for the part where the killer storm comes inland as a cat 3 or 4 with devastating winds as predicted by the models. Still waiting for an explanation as to why the storm began falling apart when it got over those warm inshore waters that were suppose to cause it to strengthen. Could it be that there are factors at work which we, as yet know nothing at all about?

By the way...the news this morning said that the flooded rivers (not the worst the state has ever seen by the way) are on the way down. Check livestock losses from this storm against losses in other storms to see the real extent of flooding. Not nearly as much lost in this storm as in others.

As much as you like wringing your hands and bleating hysterically about the end being near, alas, the storms are just not getting worse...although my grass did get f'ing wet in this storm. And if you are depending on the media to tell you the truth about what is going on, refer to all the fakes I have posted...and that is just the few most obvious....and the ones that got outed....how many didn't get caught?

And you know....and how fucked up is this.....the real climate crusaders sit around for hours watching the Weather Channel and hoping like a sports fan roots for his team.....for a monster/historic sized hurricane. So they can think they are right.:eusa_dance:
Zero doubt a mental condition.

37 deaths so far, and the waters are still high, still rising in some places. This storm will have a total cost of tens of billions of dollars.

37 deaths so far, and the waters are still high, still rising in some places. This storm will have a total cost of tens of billions of dollars.

And yet......no connection to CO2 levels.

How many of those are directly due to the storm...flying debris...building collapses....etc. and how many were simply trying to add their names to the roll of Darwin Award recipients?

I see a couple were killed due to trees falling on their homes, but then it would seem that the rest were killed doing things that most rational people would consider just plain stupid.....standing in running water trying to hook up electrical generators...driving through flooded streets...out driving at all in the vicinity of a tropic storm making land fall.

You guys like to attribute any death that happens during the storm to the storm...alas, it is just one more lie. It should be clear to any thinking person...of course that may not include you...that what the media says with regard to weather simply can no longer be believed.

Ummmm.....did I miss a memo or something? The area did take a direct hit from a hurricane. Check the history.....places get flooded.:deal:

How many of those are directly due to the storm...flying debris...building collapses....etc. and how many were simply trying to add their names to the roll of Darwin Award recipients?I see a couple were killed due to trees falling on their homes, but then it would seem that the rest were killed doing things that most rational people would consider just plain stupid.....standing in running water trying to hook up electrical generators...driving through flooded streets...out driving at all in the vicinity of a tropic storm making land fall.You guys like to attribute any death that happens during the storm to the storm...alas, it is just one more lie. It should be clear to any thinking person...of course that may not include you...that what the media says with regard to weather simply can no longer be believed.
`

You have a point - Analysis: Most of Florence's victims have died in vehicles, on the road during the storm

This is one serious mutual weeping thread by the Trumpflakes. Best I can tell, they're very upset about an accurate hurricane forecast.

You really are wacked out aren't you? Which part of the florence forecast do you think was accurate beyond the fact that a storm made landfall. It was forecast to make landfall as a cat 3 or 4. When it made landfall, it could only be classified as a hurricane by using upper level wind measurements made by hurricane hunter airplanes...wind velocities were those of a tropic storm at ground level. And the rain wasn't anything like what was predicted.

Alas, that is the way it goes...you tend to accuse the opposite side of doing the very thing you are doing. You get worse every year old woman.

New Topics

Forum List

Back