Floods: Trump's Army Corps of Engineers doing a bad job with levees

Billions of dollars are being lost due to flooding and the levees suck. In one town, the Army Corps of Engineers made the levee smaller before the floods hit.

Trump’s army corps of engineers, that’s it.

I guess they’re too busy designing a new wall.
They were ALL built in the last 24 months too.
None of them levees was built during previous administrations.
And Trump intentionally made them all tooooooo smaaaaaaall!!!

Billions of dollars are being lost due to flooding and the levees suck. In one town, the Army Corps of Engineers made the levee smaller before the floods hit.

They could sure do with those billions Obama gave to Iran, no doubt.
You mean the money he returned to Iran? They paid for fighter jets that they never got and we refunded their money back to them, so it was always theirs to begin with. Jesus! How many times do you people have to be told this?

Trump’s favorite Iran-Obama cash story, still bogus no matter how often he tells it

bottom line..Obama gave a terrorist nation billions and the okay on developing missile and nuclear technology. Wash your hands in the blood of American soldiers and innocent civilians as well TDS Kittymom.

It should be a crime to be this stupid in public
Do not call farmers stupid. They vote Republican
Act of God? Or government? In fight over flood, farmers blame Army Corps of Engineers

Act of God? Or government? In fight over flood, farmers blame Army Corps of Engineers
Blaming those who built them is not the same as you blaming the man who just happens to be president during the bad weather.

You people are so damn stupid it defies reality.

Blaming those who built them is not the same as you blaming the man who just happens to be president during the bad weather.

I blamed Trump's Army Corps of Engineers.
Not Trump.
It's like saying Grampa's pencil is the same as Grampa. You will understand this kind of stuff once you pass to second grade.

Not Trump.
It's like saying Grampa's pencil is the same as Grampa. You will understand this kind of stuff once you pass to second grade.
Desperate

Not Trump.

The Corps of Engineers do not belong to Trump. Therefore you cannot say "Trump's Army Corps of Engineers", dumbass!

Which President/s did the ACOE "belong" to when the levees were built? You fucking MORON!
The levee you refer to was 'made smaller' in one area and 'made larger' in another area in order to control the flood water from destroying the town! Fucking MORON!

Article 1, Section 10, Clause 3 disagrees with you.

It's an explicit right given to Congress.

Better than than teams of people from each State trying to blast the levees in the other State to protect their own.

And things like that did happen on the Mississippi before the Army Corps took over.

Okay. We have a misunderstanding. I agree that the Feds have the right to approve interstate compacts. What they don’t have is a Right to unilaterally make the Ststes do what the Feds want (since no such power exists in Article I Section 8).

Approve or provide for the agreements themselves as arbiter between the States.

There is no agreement between the Ststes. There is the US Army Corps of Engineers FORCING Ststes to do things. Sounds like a violation of the Tenth Amendment to me. Also sounds like the type of thing we fought a war over about a hundred twenty years ago.

There is no agreement between the Ststes. There is the US Army Corps of Engineers FORCING Ststes to do things. Sounds like a violation of the Tenth Amendment to me. Also sounds like the type of thing we fought a war over about a hundred twenty years ago.

The fact is the Rivers the Army Corps works with impact multiple States. The nature of a river's flow is that something done in one State impacts other States, either up or (usually) downstream.

Congress has the power to deal with this, either by allowing compacts between the States, or by creating something by legislation such as the Army Corps of Engineers.

The Army Corps does work with the States on the rivers it regulates, which takes the place of a compact between the States.

You do now that these are the same engineers that served under Obama too don't you?

When are you people going to learn that the only people who work for the government are those not good enough to make it in the private sector?

The Army Corps does work with the States on the rivers it regulates, which takes the place of a compact between the States.

In other words this is simply another instance of the Federal Government ignoring the Tenth Amendment and States Rights as it has routinely done for the last 160 years, since Mr Lincoln’s time in office.

In other words this is simply another instance of the Federal Government ignoring the Tenth Amendment and States Rights as it has routinely done for the last 160 years, since Mr Lincoln’s time in office.

One can also go for a Commerce clause reason for the feds to be involved. This is most seen at Old River Control Structure, where the Army Corps of Engineers is stopping the Mississippi River from changing course and the Atchafalaya river becoming the main stream of the system.

A course change as described above would ruin the economies of many States, and thus is a Federal Issue under the commerce clause.

Forum List

Back