Flood Tide?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
This old boy’s passion is being aroused for the first time since Ronald Reagan was president. That means it’s been a long time since I thought those people in Washington did anything worthwhile. In the years after RR left office the Republicans sickened me as much as did the Democrats. I’m still not moved by economic blah, blah, blah from either side, but there is ample reason to rejoice. Start with a video. Move the cursor to 8:56. and listen to Paul Ryan prime the old passion pump in 28 seconds out of a 13:13 Bret Baier interview:

In the same vain the always insightful Phyllis Schlafly says this about the Republican party platform:

It rejects a long list of United Nations treaties, including the treaty on women’s rights, the treaty on the rights of the child, the treaty on persons with disabilities, the arms trade treaty and the Law of the Sea treaty. The platform also rejects Agenda 21, including its proposal for a global tax and various U.N. declarations on the environment.

Altogether, the 2012 Republican Platform is an excellent document written by grass-roots conservatives. It is a true reflection of American values.

SCHLAFLY: Republican Party platform best yet
Reagan’s three-legged stool upheld
By Phyllis Schlafly - The Washington Times Monday, August 27, 2012

SCHLAFLY: Republican Party platform best yet - Washington Times

If Schlafly doesn’t give you a boost you’re probably a hardcore liberal.

In addition to Ryan and the party platform, you have Ron Paul stomping around out there. He’s the guy who meant it when nobody else was saying it:

The Republican party platform and Paul Ryan’s remarks is not the same as passing HR 1146. Nevertheless, taking everything together it looks like the beginning of Shakespeare’s flood tide to me:

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.

Julius Caesar Act 4, scene 3

Finally, there is an old chestnut that says “Money makes the mare go.” I never doubted the importance of economics and the economy. It’s just that I happen to believe that Americans should tell the mare where to go. Hint: It ain’t the United Nations.

Forum List

Back