Flood risk

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Welcome to FLOODrisk 2016
Floods cause distress and damage wherever they happen and flooding from rivers, estuaries and the sea threatens many millions of people in Europe. Insurance losses from flooding have increased significantly since 1990 and flood management in Europe is changing with a move from flood protection and defence to comprehensive flood risk management.

FLOODrisk 2016 will explore research advances in flood risk analysis and innovations in flood risk management practice. The conference will consider all aspects of flood risk and will cover the causes of floods, their impacts on people, property and the environment, and portfolios of risk management measures. FLOODrisk 2016 is also supported by the Flood Risk Management Research Consortium.

Welcome to FLOODrisk 2016

And here on the North American continent, we have had a serious of very dangerous and deadly floods since the beginning of this year. This is exactly what has been predicted,.

When I bought my land I did some reseach on flood management and decided to put the house in at 1000 feet above sea level...I can watch from my front yard as those braggarts that own land in the valley, as their land is washed away by floods...

Cities have not done a good job of expanding the circumference of their storm water systems with the expansion of the lengths of them.

When I bought my land I did some reseach on flood management and decided to put the house in at 1000 feet above sea level...I can watch from my front yard as those braggarts that own land in the valley, as their land is washed away by floods...
Imagine that, building on higher ground. We need a government study to determine if building on a beach or next to a river increases risk of flooding.

Imagine that, building on higher ground. We need a government study to determine if building on a beach or next to a river increases risk of flooding.
Save the dough, I can tell you does...

I'm applying for a government grant to study it tomorrow. $27M. Putting a lot of emphasis into climate change in the proposal.

I'm applying for a government grant to study it tomorrow. $27M. Putting a lot of emphasis into climate change in the proposal.
Don't forget to look at the breeding practices of hogs..

My next government grant will be the effect of climate change on bikini fashions.

My next government grant will be the effect of climate change on bikini fashions.
Yeah, they should have never given up on the microkini...

Make sure climate science isn't in charge of the study...the way they torture data they would probably find that you can't escape the coming floods anywhere....including the international space station.

Smart photons and hollow moons. Such a pair to trust for science. LOL

While Louisiana was flooding, the streets of Moscow, Russia, were running like rivers. Every continent save Antarctica has seen unusual flooding in this decade. As predicted. Warmer air holds more water, so when that water comes out as rain, you get larger amounts of rain.

Never fails to amuse me that you think a theoretical particle must be intelligent in order to obey the laws of physics...

Are floods in any of those places unprecedented?...are you claiming that they have never had floods of equal or greater magnitude back when CO2 was at "safe" levels?

Ever look at the moscow flood of 1908? it was a doozie.

The+Biggest+Moscow+Flood+of+1908+(1).jpg
The+Biggest+Moscow+Flood+of+1908+(10).jpg
The+Biggest+Moscow+Flood+of+1908+(11).jpg
The+Biggest+Moscow+Flood+of+1908+(3).jpg

While Louisiana was flooding, the streets of Moscow, Russia, were running like rivers. Every continent save Antarctica has seen unusual flooding in this decade. As predicted. Warmer air holds more water, so when that water comes out as rain, you get larger amounts of rain.
And then they had a thingy called the ice age....

And then they had a thingy called the ice age....

Just more warmer warckaloon BS....global warming causes more and less rain...more and less snow...colder and warmer temperatures...more and less of everything...it is an unfalsifiable hypothesis and therefore pseudoscience. It isn't very difficult to do a search and find post after post by rocks where he is also blaming drought on CO2 induced climate change...according to him global warming causes floods except when it causes drought...and it results in less snow except when it causes more...and on and on in a completely insane manner.

All along, warming has had different effects on different regions of the planet. Polar vortices have caused exceptionally cold weather in roughly half the northern hemisphere and exceptionally warm weather in the other half. We've had many years of flooding along the Mississippi valley and drought in the US southwest. El Ninos do one thing and La Ninas do the opposite. If you all have some idea that global warming is supposed to consistently do the same thing to every location on the planet, you've got it wrong.

More real solid scientific evidence that the Moon may be an artificially constructed hollow sphere than there is for 120PPM CO2 causing Floods, fires, earthquakes and locusts

All along, warming has had different effects on different regions of the planet. Polar vortices have caused exceptionally cold weather in roughly half the northern hemisphere and exceptionally warm weather in the other half. We've had many years of flooding along the Mississippi valley and drought in the US southwest. El Ninos do one thing and La Ninas do the opposite. If you all have some idea that global warming is supposed to consistently do the same thing to every location on the planet, you've got it wrong.

Warning, by definition has one effect...that into cause a rise in temperature... Pseudoscience then ignores this one effect and then ascribes this term "warming" to mean practically anything. Your claim that "warming" has different effects in different regions is just stupid...warming has the same effect everywhere....if some regions of the climate are not warming, then it stands to reason that the warming is not global...and if the effect is not global, then it stands to reason that CO2 is not the cause because the claimed effect of CO2 would, in fact, be global.

So are you claiming that CO2 has different effects in different regions of the globe?

Forum List

Back