Flip Flopper par excellence

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
I was recently reading about McCain's 2000 run for president and I was amazed at what a flip flopper he has become. In order to pacify the social and economic conservatives he has changed his position on so many things he makes Kerry look like a kindergarten flopper. A long list is in URL Below.

"McCain supported a major campaign-finance reform measure that bore his name. In June, he abandoned his own legislation.

* McCain used to think that Grover Norquist was a crook and a corrupt shill for dictators. Then McCain got serious about running for president and began to reconcile with Norquist.

* McCain took a firm line in opposition to torture, and then caved to White House demands.

* McCain gave up on his signature policy issue, campaign-finance reform, and won’t back the same provision he sponsored just a couple of years ago.

* McCain was against presidential candidates campaigning at Bob Jones University before he was for it.

* McCain was anti-ethanol. Now he’s pro-ethanol.

* McCain was both for and against state promotion of the Confederate flag.

* And now he’s both for and against overturning Roe v. Wade."

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/9111.html

I was recently reading about McCain's 2000 run for president and I was amazed at what a flip flopper he has become. In order to pacify the social and economic conservatives he has changed his position on so many things he makes Kerry look like a kindergarten flopper. A long list is in URL Below.

"McCain supported a major campaign-finance reform measure that bore his name. In June, he abandoned his own legislation.

* McCain used to think that Grover Norquist was a crook and a corrupt shill for dictators. Then McCain got serious about running for president and began to reconcile with Norquist.

* McCain took a firm line in opposition to torture, and then caved to White House demands.

* McCain gave up on his signature policy issue, campaign-finance reform, and won’t back the same provision he sponsored just a couple of years ago.

* McCain was against presidential candidates campaigning at Bob Jones University before he was for it.

Please tell me any of these jerks that are not waffle artists.............:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

It's alright SOMETIMES to change your mind depending on facts attained and situations presenting themselves....................BUT there's been NO consistency except STUPIDITY for much too long now, they've made changing their minds with what ever direction the freakin' wind is blowing at the moment a carreer statement and it's been made acceptable at extreme costs to us all down both aisles..............:evil:

He is 72. This is his last chance for the office. He has been selling his soul to Bush and now the right wing conservatives for years.

But, his bus is called the Straight Talk Express.:rofl:

That's the best you got, got, huh? That he changed his position on certain topics?

I'd rather see someone change their mind on an issue than jump to a hasty conclusion and stick with it no matter what. Adjusting one's opinion to keep up with current information is the sign of an open mind and good leader.

But then. YOU should know that huh? You're just making noise to get some attention.:eusa_liar:

I'd rather see someone change their mind on an issue than jump to a hasty conclusion and stick with it no matter what. Adjusting one's opinion to keep up with current information is the sign of an open mind and good leader.

Hahaha - boy, how funny when 'flip flopping' becomes good before it was bad before you criticized before you praise it. :rofl:

That's the best you got, got, huh? That he changed his position on certain topics?

But then. YOU should know that huh? You're just making noise to get some attention.:eusa_liar:

Nah... we all just know flip-flopping and affairs are only relevant if it's a democrat. Then we swift-boat them or spend 70 million dollars to investigate a blue dress. ;)

Nah... we all just know flip-flopping and affairs are only relevant if it's a democrat. Then we swift-boat them or spend 70 million dollars to investigate a blue dress. ;)

McPain is a democrat....(in republican clothing)...so you're quite right.
:rofl:

Hahaha - boy, how funny when 'flip flopping' becomes good before it was bad before you criticized before you praise it. :rofl:

That a fact? Please DO point out where I ever called ANYONE a "flip-flopper"? I can save you the trouble of looking if you'd like because I haven't.

So "funny" would be YOU talking out your ass, huh?

My stance on the subject has been and will remain the same until such time as presented information to alter my opinion, at which time I might very well change MY position as the new information warrants.:cool:

Guess you need to discuss that blue dress thing with Janet Reno, the Democrat appointee AG who shifted the focus of an investigation from a real crime to a smokescreen.

The Swftboaters were the price of freedom of speech.

Forum List

Back