Flea infestation.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Seems we have inadvertently provided room and board for a colony of fleas. Just finished bombing one room.

20901%20017a.jpg

The rest of the house is next.

You must do it again as soon as the egg incubation period is over.
10 days?
I forget.

Sevin dust works great.

Not sure on health impacts though.

Seems we have inadvertently provided room and board for a colony of fleas. Just finished bombing one room.

20901%20017a.jpg

The rest of the house is next.

Get some Borax. Spread it all around and leave the house for 2-3 hours. Works like a charm. Oh ... and Borateem is loaded with borax.

Simply put, it drives fleas insane. You can't be in the house once you put it out.

Come home and vacuum, and it's over.

I had squirrels in the attic of the home I live in now when I bought it.

They do have to coe out sometimes. I just shot everyone I saw outside the house until the noise in the attic quit.

Yeah I might have gotten some innocent ones, but my neighbor seemed to enjoy eating them :)

They do have to coe out sometimes. I just shot everyone I saw outside the house until the noise in the attic quit.

Yeah I might have gotten some innocent ones, but my neighbor seemed to enjoy eating them :)

Hateful conservative, gun loving freak! It's because of people like you that cute, fuzzy, friendly, never done anyone any harm squirrels all over the world have to suffer! :evil:

Hateful conservative, gun loving freak! It's because of people like you that cute, fuzzy, friendly, never done anyone any harm squirrels all over the world have to suffer! :evil:

Yep got me pegged :D

How to get rid of fleas:

Place about an inch of water in a 24" vessel, such as a dishpan. Add 1/4 bottle of Sargent's flea killer.

Suspend a white Christmas tree bulb about one foot over the vessel and leave that little light burning all night. In the morning the pan will be filled with dead fleas. The first night probably won't get them all but a few nights in a row will.

Fleas are attracted to light. They will leap up to the bulb, its heat will repel them and they will fall into the pan of poisoned water.

Sounds a little strange but, believe me, it works. And if an infested pet is chained near the pan its fleas will leave the host to jump at the light.

If the whole house is infested, set up a few of these traps.

(Use a white painted bulb, not a clear bulb.)

Just wanted to thank you for this post. Your advice here will certainly help those who are dealing with fleas right now to get the relief they need quickly and efficiently. Nice job.

By the way, here's why I haven't seen a flea or any other insect in my home in well over seven years. (This is with multiple cats who get to go outside in the fenced yard twice a day.)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Concern-97024-Diatomaceous-Crawling-Insect/dp/B000BQT1HQ"]Amazon.com: Concern 97024 Diatomaceous Earth Crawling Insect Killer 1.5 Pound Box: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

100% natural, 100% effective, with NO poisons or toxins of any kind. Sprinkle this in your pet's bedding, litter box, and all around crevices in your home. Under cabinets, etc. It kills by shredding the insect's exoskeleton, causing them to essentially "bleed out." But before they do, they carry this stuff back to the lair, getting all the others.

In about a week after applying this, no more bugs. Ever.

A sure fire method to get rid of fleas is to sprinkle salt over the carpet...let it stay for a day and vacuum it up...repeat in a couple of days to get rid of the newly hatched fleas.

Forum List

Back