FLDS - Abortion Hypocrites

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
With the FLDS threads dominating the news as of late, I made note of one occurence that particularly interested me.

Almost each and every person who supported the state removing all the children from the FLDS compound because their safety supercedes the rights of the parents ...

... are the SAME people who squeal "right to do what i want with my body" on the topic of abortion.

Apparently the rights of the child DO have limits based on personal convenience. Easy to sit back and judge others when it doesn't affect you, but when it's time to put up of shut up, it's time to go to "the clinic."

Hypocrites.

And please don't anyone come on here with that bullshit it isn't a human being yet lying to yourself bullshit. If left alone, it won't come out any-damned-thing else BUT a human baby.

And please don't anyone come on here with that bullshit it isn't a human being yet lying to yourself bullshit. If left alone, it won't come out any-damned-thing else BUT a human baby.

I don't know, if Sho and Jillian got together it could be something else!

There is a difference between the living and the unborn, or the "potential" for life.

I don't care what you call it, human being or not, until it takes a breath and is physically divided from the woman's body, it's up to her to do what she wants to do with it.

With the FLDS threads dominating the news as of late, I made note of one occurence that particularly interested me.

Almost each and every person who supported the state removing all the children from the FLDS compound because their safety supercedes the rights of the parents ...

... are the SAME people who squeal "right to do what i want with my body" on the topic of abortion.

Apparently the rights of the child DO have limits based on personal convenience. Easy to sit back and judge others when it doesn't affect you, but when it's time to put up of shut up, it's time to go to "the clinic."

Hypocrites.

You missed one Gunny...I am one of those people who supported removal of the children from the FLDS compound AND I DONT believe abortion...

Please dont lump me in with them.

You missed one Gunny...I am one of those people who supported removal of the children from the FLDS compound AND I DONT believe abortion...

You are not the only one, GunnyL STATED that in the case of the FLDS the "ends justified the Means" in removing ALL the children. So I guess he exludes himself in the "almost everyone" statement.

There is a difference between the living and the unborn, or the "potential" for life.

Only if you concoct a convoluted argument claiming that something is not what it actually in some lame attempt to lie to yourself an others so you don't have to feel guilty.

Otherwise, the reality is, an unborn human being is STILL a human being and has the potential to be NOTHING else.

I don't care what you call it, human being or not, until it takes a breath and is physically divided from the woman's body, it's up to her to do what she wants to do with it.

See my response to Ravir for my condescending viewpoint on such absolute and obvious fertilizer.

I didn't miss. If you agree with the state removing the children from the LDS compound and don't believe abortion is right, you are being consistent because in both cases you put the welfare of the child first.

You are not the only one, GunnyL STATED that in the case of the FLDS the "ends justified the Means" in removing ALL the children. So I guess he exludes himself in the "almost everyone" statement.

Y'all need to order RIF. DO go back and read the initial post in this thread.

I think abortion is wrong, and I think the state did the right thing at the FLDS compound. That would be a consistent standard. The welfare of the child, in both instances, comes first.

Not so with those that support the state removing the children from the FLDS compound and SUPPORT abortion. One puts the welfare of the child first while the other puts the convenience of the parent first. Obvious double-standard.

Only if you concoct a convoluted argument claiming that something is not what it actually in some lame attempt to lie to yourself an others so you don't have to feel guilty.

Otherwise, the reality is, an unborn human being is STILL a human being and has the potential to be NOTHING else.

You're entitled to your definition of life. The fact of the matter is that the unborn don't have civil rights. A fetus doesn't have the potential to be anything but a human, and neither does a sperm. Potential life isn't the same thing as life.

I have nothing to feel guilty about. I think it is wrong for the state to force a woman to give birth, period. I also think it is wrong for a parent to abuse a living child.

btw, if RGS turns out to be correct that there was no compelling evidence I will be forced to agree with him.

You're entitled to your definition of life. The fact of the matter is that the unborn don't have civil rights. A fetus doesn't have the potential to be anything but a human, and neither does a sperm. Potential life isn't the same thing as life.

I have nothing to feel guilty about. I think it is wrong for the state to force a woman to give birth, period. I also think it is wrong for a parent to abuse a living child.

btw, if RGS turns out to be correct that there was no compelling evidence I will be forced to agree with him.

The fact of the matter is if you support the state's right to remove children from their parents because the child's safety comes first, AND support abortion based on whatever convoluted argument you wish to make to deny the fact that an unborn human being is a human being, you are a hypocrite.

Plain and simple.

Oh, and I agree it's wrong to abuse a living child. I have no problem with aborting already-dead babies.

The fact of the matter is if you support the state's right to remove children from their parents because the child's safety comes first, AND support abortion based on whatever convoluted argument you wish to make to deny the fact that an unborn human being is a human being, you are a hypocrite.

Plain and simple.

If you say so.

oh pooh... ridiculous...

or maybe it's that the people who are pro choice also are the ones who don't believe life begins at conception and then the kids are on their own....since that largely seems to be the belief of the right.

oh pooh... ridiculous...

or maybe it's that the people who are pro choice also are the ones who don't believe life begins at conception and then the kids are on their own....since that largely seems to be the belief of the right.

Or maybe it's the people who are pro-choice have no problem lying to themselves and everyone else so long as the desire for personal convenience is met.

or maybe we think that making children bonk for jesus is immoral and disgusting and living people take precedence over "potential life".

Since when did liberals have morals? Oh that's right ... you have your own set you wish to impose on everyone. How could I EVER forget THAT?

Therre's no "potential" life. It's life. Human life. Only less important than other human life because someone has managed to get a court to disregard the obvious in favor of some fertilizer.

Unborn children are every bit at the mercy of their parents abuse as those FLDS children were. If it's okay for society/the law to step in and circumvent that abuse in one case, so should it be in the other. Well, except in the minds of hypocrites that place different values on life based on their personal convenience.

Gunny,

These people who defend abortion never even had one. Believe me if they had they would have understood the heartbeat and brainwave activity that they killed was an actual human being.

Forum List

Back